lookin

Park Avenue

Guest hitoallusa

It says it's not current availlble.. To save time I will read transcripts on the PBS.

If you can watch one hour of TV this week, try this one. It's a stunner.

Once you hear these people speak, you'll know what's happened to the American Dream.

Whether we can still salvage our democracy remains to be seen.

Guest hitoallusa

Although I can understand the maker's anger toward the rich, he stating that he wants to make people angry too to by watching this film is a bit not constructive... But on the other hand that's how make people take actions too. The interest groups are too powerful in the US and politicians are too corrupt. When interest groups help and politicians and government workers with a very well devised art of bribing that doesn't seem illegal... The game is over. They are too smart, too way ahead and simply too powerful. They are ahead in every game.

• Members

It says it's not current availlble.. To save time I will read transcripts on the PBS.

It plays for me, both last night and this morning. You might want to try again. Watching Paul Ryan channel the Koch brothers and finding out exactly how the Tea Party got started - and why they're not likely to go away - is worth the price of admission.

Guest hitoallusa

I think a new form of society will emerge sooner or later because the current form of society is becoming inefficient and unjust.

In the book, The Prize, by Daniel Yergin, it shows constant conflicts between the oil importing countries and the oil producing countries.. In the book I see several persistent negotiators who survive many trials and challenges. I want to give them credit for their hard work. In that sense they deserve what they have. The problem is that these guys are surrounded by the same kind of people who want to outsmart them. So they don't seem to have time to take care of other unfortunate people when they have to deal with challenges and the same greedy people who they can't trust around them.

I also found many leaders in the book who said they represented people and were fighting for the poor but once they get power in their hands they didn't care about their people except for their goals. I find all this stupid and there must be an effective way of running a society in a better way then what has been currently done. I bet in the future when our descendants look back, they might say how primitive our political system was.

Hopefully people can see the problems and try to solve it. I hope we can come up with a better form of society rather than lamenting about our society. There must be a way. Renaissance and Enlightenment in the past show that there is a hope. Let's think positively and try to come up with ways we can overcome this disparity of wealth... There must be an answer.

• Members

If you can watch one hour of TV this week, try this one. It's a stunner.

Once you hear these people speak, you'll know what's happened to the American Dream.

Whether we can still salvage our democracy remains to be seen.

Thanks for sharing that link. It puts in concrete terms much of the view I have come to about American Democracy having the best government that money can buy.