Guest lurkerspeaks

Male model==or is it female model?

Guest lurkerspeaks

Male model or female model? Androgynous model?

Andrej Pejic

Andrej is NOT emo but because of his stunning looks I think he'll fit in perfectly here!

Height: 6'2" / 1.88

Chest: 36.5 / 92

Waist: 30 / 76

Suit: 39L / 49

Shoes: 10 / 44

Stepping into the industry and turning it on it’s head is no simple feat and for that, Chadwick Model Andrej Pejic lands himself a place on our 2011 Faces feature. Tea with the Queen of England, walking in the couture shows, covering magazines and booking a couple of campaigns to boot, Andrej is not one of the models who only appears successful in the magazines but has been booking the money jobs as well. While it’s true that it hasn’t been without a few naysayers and detractors, the thin boy seems to not be slowing down any time soon, hopefully opening the doors for at least a few more in his wake.

Andrej-Pejic-for-Next-Lib%25C3%25A9ration-Magazine-DesignSceneNet-05.jpg

ap+bw+9.jpg

ap+bw+6.jpg

ap+bw+7.jpg

ap+bw+8.jpg

ANDREJ+400.jpg

andrej+55.jpg

ap17.jpg

ANDREJ+401.jpg

andrej+baw.jpg

ap5.jpg

ap7.jpg

ap9.jpg

ap10.jpg

ap12.jpg

ap12a.jpg

ap12b.JPG

ap14.jpg

ap27.jpg

ap53.jpg

ap17.jpg

ap19.jpg

ap28.jpg

ap31.jpg

AP3+NEW.jpg

Pejic was born in Tuzla. He has one older brother Igor. Their mother, Jadranka Savić, is Serbian and their father, Vlada Pejić, Croatian. The parents divorced shortly after Andrej's birth. During the Bosnian War, he fled to Serbia with his mother, brother and grandmother, settling in a refugee camp near Belgrade. When asked if he found his childhood difficult, Pejic said:

“ No, I was happy. The camp was a community. We went to school and I had lots of friends – mainly girls. Everybody played outside. My memories are very carefree. ”

Andrej met his father for the first time when he was four years old. His mother wanted him to have a relationship with his dad so he and brother Igor would spend a month every summer with their dad.

After the 1999 NATO bombing of Serbia, Pejic's mother felt unsafe and decided to initiate immigration process for Australia. In 2000 the family moved to Melbourne, Australia as political refugees when Pejic was eight years old.

Guest lurkerspeaks

tumblr_lubuakDTio1qek06so1_500.jpg

tumblr_lucrqtwRwK1qkmmkt.jpg

tumblr_lucrrtlYI21qkmmkt.jpg

tumblr_lucrsuDO471qkmmkt.jpg

tumblr_lucrwwITIL1qkmmkt.jpg

tumblr_lucsyvXtRO1qkmmkt.jpg

tumblr_lucszb4SZr1qkmmkt.jpg

tumblr_lucszoU5451qkmmkt.jpg

tumblr_lucuo91rpb1qgsj20o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lucy06Euy31qc9g3no1_500.jpg

tumblr_lucy9097Tv1qc9g3no1_500.jpg

tumblr_ludilaBOjw1qhwlwdo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lubjniIHxZ1qil844o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lubjo5sf7o1qil844o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ludqauNaX41qe7t34o1_500.png

tumblr_lue4mptMXH1ql9h78o1_500.jpg

FUCK YEAH ANDRE

POSTED BY DIRCK AT 6:32 AM 2 COMMENTS: icon18_email.gif

<a href="http://handsomeyoungmodels-picturesonly.blogspot.com/2011/12/andrej-pejic-2.html" style="color: rgb(170, 221, 153); text-decoration: initial; display: block; font-weight: bold;">ANDREJ PEJIC 2

ANDREJ PEJIC

Andrej is NOT emo but because of his stunning looks I think he'll fit in perfectly here!

Height: 6'2" / 1.88

Chest: 36.5 / 92

Waist: 30 / 76

Suit: 39L / 49

Shoes: 10 / 44

IN MAY, Melbourne model Andrej Pejic was voted one of the world's sexiest women by readers of a men's magazine. In October, he wore a Versace pencil skirt to meet the Queen. Last week, he became the poster boy (or girl) for a new push-up bra, posing in a frock that clung to his meagre assets.

ap+0990.jpg

Pejic is beautiful, mysterious and smart. It's impossible not to savour his story - a Bosnian-born refugee, raised in Broadmeadows, discovered working at McDonald's - or his sly wit. ''I don't get out of bed for less than $50 a day,'' he told New York magazine.

ap+0992.jpg

But what are women to make of this sylphlike man who models clothes made for them? Is he an extreme example of high fashion's chronic denial of the female body shape? Or might we read Pejic as a subversive presence, highlighting the artifice of an industry that lives to provoke?

ap+0991.jpg

Pejic's bra ad for the Dutch chain store Hema made headlines, of course. Bra gives man a bustline! Wow! As cleavages go, it wasn't a patch on one displayed years earlier by an edgier expat from suburban Melbourne, the late performance artist Leigh Bowery. He once stuffed his large, wobbly body into a wilfully tight, satin ball gown. Fleshy man boobs shot up like warheads.

ap+0993.jpg

But Bowery's shtick was grotesque camp, Pejic's bra ad is more conventional cover girl. My first thought, on seeing it, was of Nastassja Kinski in Tess of the D'Urbervilles: the cheekbones, the bee-stung lips, that hint of vulnerability. Had I not read the press, I would have sworn this was a girl.

andrej+couch.jpg

Pejic models both women's and men's clothes. But an aura of ethereal femininity stays with him, regardless. He is a Gaultier bride: regal, smouldering, all bones and smoky eyes. Or a Botticelli beauty: white-blonde curls and milky skin. Or a young Lana Turner: heavy eyebrows, heavier make-up and a sheaf of golden hair that directs your eye towards his flat, smooth chest.

andrej+443.jpg

We've been here before, of course. In 1970, David Bowie wore a below-the-knee, pre-Raphaelite silk dress on the cover of The Man Who Sold the World. A decade later, Boy George wore a smock top, braids and more powder than an Elizabethan queen. No self-respecting '80s New Romantic was without make-up, while in Thailand, ladyboys have long been part of mainstream culture. Then there's Gaga, who has channelled everyone from Bowery to Grace Jones