TampaYankee

A Piercing Perspective on the Delusional GOP

• Members

An excellent analysis of how the GOP got itself to where it is. A highly recommended read. Enjoy...

How Conservative Media Lost to the MSM

and Failed the Rank and File

By CONOR FRIEDERSDORF - Conor Friedersdorf is a staff writer at The Atlantic, where he focuses on politics and national affairs. He lives in Venice, California, and is the founding editor ofThe Best of Journalism, a newsletter devoted to exceptional nonfiction.

See the article here: http://www.theatlant...nd-file/264855/

Guest hitoallusa

I was shocked after the first debate but Obama recovered fast. I don't think there is nothing more Romney could have done than be more logical and impartial in some of his arguments. Not a big problem though because every campaign bend some facts and sometimes make outright incorrect statements.

Is the majority always right? I am not so sure but we give weight to that. Otherwise, nothing could be decided in a democratic society.

Someone can do all the right things but unlucky. It happens not only in politics but in our everyday life. In the musical Evita.. There is a line something like.. "I was there at the right time , the right place..." I simply want to say Romney may not have been lucky enough.

Let's focus now on what Obama can accomplish in the second term. I know it might sound crazy to some of atheists but I think Obama is chosen by God to do his work. And that tells about God's compassion toward us too.

• Members

I thought this article was *really* good too.

Who Is Most Pissed Off After This Election

I never expected to ever say, "Poor Ann Coulter." But - poor Ann Coulter. I really feel badly for her, in a manner of speaking. But not for the reason you think. Not because Barack Obama was re-elected President of the United States. Rather, I feel bad for her because of her responsibility in that victory.

Poor Ann Coulter...

Guest hitoallusa

I like her hair and her skin is flawless. I want to get her number to ask her how she does it and that's about it. I want to see Michelle Obama in private for the other reason. It will be very nice to talk to her and chat with her. The election is over and republicans need to sort things out. I hope Ann learned something from this election. Believe it or not people do learn and that's why we have come this far. Lets not give up hope.

I thought this article was *really* good too.

Poor Ann Coulter...

• Members

An excellent analysis of how the GOP got itself to where it is. A highly recommended read. Enjoy...

See the article here: http://www.theatlant...nd-file/264855/

That is a damn good article! Have to send it to friends with this quote:

If you're a rank-and-file conservative, you're probably ready to acknowledge that ideologically friendly media didn't accurately inform you about Election 2012. Some pundits engaged in wishful thinking; others feigned confidence in hopes that it would be a self-fulfilling prophecy; still others decided it was smart to keep telling right-leaning audiences what they wanted to hear.

But guess what?

You haven't just been misinformed about the horse race. Since the very beginning of the election cycle, conservative media has been failing you. With a few exceptions, they haven't tried to rigorously tell you the truth, or even to bring you intellectually honest opinion. What they've done instead helps to explain why the right failed to triumph in a very winnable election.

Why do you keep putting up with it?

Guest hitoallusa

Because there was a still possibility that Romney might have won?... History is interesting..

What struck me about that article is that it could have been written before the election - well before - but it wasn't.

I have yet to hear one conservative mention that maybe they spent too much time on controlling what people do in the bedroom and trying to control women's reproductive rights instead of focusing on the original pre-Reagan Republican values of fiscal responsibility. I hope that moderate Republicans once again come to the forefront.

• Members

What struck me about that article is that it could have been written before the election - well before - but it wasn't.

True, but it would have been greeted as one person's opinion about his persepctive. After the loss it takes on the perspective of a very rational explanation for what happened in fact -- what the right did to themselves and their own blindness to it. That doesn't change the message, only how it is greeted.