TotallyOz

Question from Member about Log In and Log Out

We have a member that says when he logs out of the site, he is not logged out of the site. I personally have tested this on every browser on the Apple computer. I am headed to an Internet shop to test on a PC. But, I am curious if anyone else is having issues with logging out of the site?

We have put in place protocols that keep you logged into the site for as long as possible as that was a request from members. However, every time I log out, I am actually logged out of the site.

Now, the only other thing I can think of is that he may have his username and password stored on his browser. If that is the case, it is not a site issue but the way he had the site remember his username and password. If you choose to have your particular browser "remember" the site username and password, it stores that on YOUR computer browser for easier access. When this happens, it is your browser and not the site that gives you the ability to log in faster. I always use this for sites I go to as I am on the same computer and I ask it to "remember" my information.

However, when I have tested the log out I always get logged out of the site. Are others having this issue?

No. My logout works normally as well. In fact if I check the box to keep my logged in, I still get logged out because I clear history when I leave the site. But my browser remembers the signon and password for my next visit that I only have to hit the login button.

Not sure if my past report is relevant any more, but here again: Before the site upgrade, I had reported that when I was logged into the site's mobile version on my iPhone, sometimes when I logged out from the iPhone, it would take a couple of hours for the system to recognize the logout. During that interval, if I tried to log in from my laptop, the system would tell me that I was already logged in, even though my login did not show and the site would not let me post.

However, after the site upgrade, that issue became moot, because I can no longer log into the mobile version. As EXPAT pointed out, I can log in from my iPhone if I toggle over from the mobile version of the site to the full version. From the full version, logging out on my phone registers instantly.

Not sure if my past report is relevant any more, but here again: Before the site upgrade, I had reported that when I was logged into the site's mobile version on my iPhone, sometimes when I logged out from the iPhone, it would take a couple of hours for the system to recognize the logout. During that interval, if I tried to log in from my laptop, the system would tell me that I was already logged in, even though my login did not show and the site would not let me post.

However, after the site upgrade, that issue became moot, because I can no longer log into the mobile version. As EXPAT pointed out, I can log in from my iPhone if I toggle over from the mobile version of the site to the full version. From the full version, logging out on my phone registers instantly.

This has been my exact experience as well.

The team is working on the mobile version issue for you guys. We have not ignored you.

I am glad the log out is working properly for everyone. Please let me know here or via PM if this is not happening for you. One member is very upset and he thinks we have somehow created a way for his computer to keep him logged into the site even when he logs out. I have tested this yesterday in 4 different Internet shops in Thailand and in 2 friends apartments all on different computers and browsers and I can't replicate his issue at all. I will assume that he has put a Remember username/password on his browser that lets him log in faster. That is NOT something that we store on our system. It is a choice for the browser and his computer. As I said, I use this all the time for all sites so I can log in faster but if anyone is having other issues with logging out, please let me know.

Guest FourAces

I'm using a PC and have tested the login and log out with FF, IE and Chrome ... all 3 log me out without issue. When I sign out I use the link right below the F4F banner to the far right.

As EXPAT mentions clearing history and cache might work ... but if the issue continues the poster might also need o clear his cookies as well.

• Members

Don't know if it's related but I also noticed an anomaly with logging out. After I logged out, the mini-profile screen - the one that pops up when you hold the cursor over your screen name - would show me as still being ONLINE . I didn't test it by trying to post or anything. I just logged in and logged out again, and the ONLINE symbol would be replaced by the OFFLINE symbol, as it should have been the first time.

This happened regularly for a week or so, right after the site was rebranded, but I haven't noticed it lately.

Perhaps just a bit of sand in the gears that's worked its way through.

sand+in+the+gears.JPG

Mac with Safari browser.

Guest hitoallusa

Oz next time hire me I can fix these issues with no problem. ^_^ My pay will be a kiss on my left cheek.. My lips are reserved for someone else... ^_^ not that you would want to kiss me on my lips.. Lol ^_^