gap1972

São Paulo after Christmas

• Members

Would someone please comment on saunas right after Christmas? Do they tend to be empty as most boys are away on vacation?

Pondering now to go back to SP the week after Christmas. The airfare is quite high. So any locals care to share your experience?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

Would someone please comment on saunas right after Christmas? Do they tend to be empty as most boys are away on vacation?

Pondering now to go back to SP the week after Christmas. The airfare is quite high. So any locals care to share your experience?

Thanks in advance.

-

Immediately after xmas, you will find the saunas have almost returned to normal. Many of the guys who work the saunas go home for the holidays but come back shortly after xmas. Not all guys leave for the holidays.

Lagoa is usually filled with garotos as is Fragata.

Whatever you do, don't use an agency for hiring in Brazil. Agencies are fine for many other countries. However, you could be very dissapointed and ripped off if you hired from an agency.

Brazil is unique. In the saunas, what you see is what you get (usually). If someone goes wrong, you have the security of the sauna.

From the web (agencies) what you get may be a photo of someone else or a photo that is many years old. With language issues (unless you speak Portuguese) how will you get out of a negative situation once the person shows up at your hotel, sight unseen beforehand?

You realize that your are asking about the peak of summer in Brazil. Therefore, it is HOT in more ways than one.

-

• Members

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Mvan1, any tips on what to look out for if one takes bus to fragata? I most likely would come from park republica. Wonder if there is some landmarks to look out for so I know it's time to get off the bus.

I have only been to Lagoa and loved it on Fri and Sat nights. How would you compare the two? Any nights better at Fragata?

• Members

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Mvan1, any tips on what to look out for if one takes bus to fragata? I most likely would come from park republica. Wonder if there is some landmarks to look out for so I know it's time to get off the bus.

I have only been to Lagoa and loved it on Fri and Sat nights. How would you compare the two? Any nights better at Fragata?

I usally go in a cab from downtown to Fragata. However, there are friends of mine who prefer to go on the bus. When that happens, I go with them on the bus. From where you mentioned (Praca), simply go to Avenida Ipiranga in front of the Praca and catch ANY bus that has marked on the front "via Reboucas"

Once on the bus, it will travel down Ipiranga to Consolation then past Avenida Paulista then onto Reboucas. If you sit on the right hand side of the bus, you will see two landmarks telling you when to exit the bus. The first you will see (somewhat obscured) is Banco Itau (a large ugly orange colored building). After the bus travel a little farther, you will see MacDonands (the fast food chain). This is the intersection of Henrique Schaumann & Reboucas.

Exit the bus when you see these landmarks then walk toward MacDonalds but do not walk to MacDonalds. MacDonalds is only a landmark. Cross the street (reboucas) toward Banco Itau. Fragata is about two blocks from the intersection As you walk, you will walk to the side of Pizza Hut but go up the hill toward to Japanese retaurant. Fragata is on the left just past the restaurant.

Even when I go by cab, the bus is much faster (and cheaper). I hope this helps you find your way.

-

• Members

-

Other than the fact the two saunas have "rent boys" they are quite diffferent from each other. Lagoa is larger, cleaner and more expense than Fragata. Lagoa generally has a larger selection of "good looking" guys than does Fragata.

Unfortunately, sometimes, with the good looks comes an attitude. Often, the guys at Lagoa do not bother to ask your name, simply walking up to you and asking if you want go to a room with him. Some people like the brief but sudden way to meet.

On the other hand, Fragata does not have as many good looking guys as Lagoa. I know, looks are in the eyes of the beholder. Depending on what you like, Fragata can be nicer than Loaga because of the different "down to earth" type garoto found there and the relaxed attitude.

At Fragata, the garotos are less "pushy" and will spend time talking with you. That way, you can decide whether you would feel comfortable escalating to a higher level of interaction in a cabine.

Of the two saunas, I prefer Fragata.

Good luck.

Fragata is generally better on Sunday nights and Tuesday nights. It often depends on the weather and other factors such as holidays.

-

• Members

Other than the fact the two saunas have "rent boys" they are quite diffferent from each other. Lagoa is larger, cleaner and more expense than Fragata. Lagoa generally has a larger selection of "good looking" guys than does Fragata.

Unfortunately, sometimes, with the good looks comes an attitude. Often, the guys at Lagoa do not bother to ask your name, simply walking up to you and asking if you want go to a room with him. Some people like the brief but sudden way to meet.

On the other hand, Fragata does not have as many good looking guys as Lagoa. I know, looks are in the eyes of the beholder. Depending on what you like, Fragata can be nicer than Loaga because of the different "down to earth" type garoto found there and the relaxed attitude.

At Fragata, the garotos are less "pushy" and will spend time talking with you. That way, you can decide whether you would feel comfortable escalating to a higher level of interaction in a cabine.

Of the two saunas, I prefer Fragata.

Good luck.

Fragata is generally better on Sunday nights and Tuesday nights. It often depends on the weather and other factors such as holidays.

-

Is there any way to edit a post after on clicks "post" I see that I made several typos in my prior posts. It would be nice if I could go back and correct the errors. Does anyone know if it is possible to fix typos? Thanks

• Members

Will celebrate New Year's Eve in Sao Paulo. Surprised to find on Lagoa's website they are closed that night. Very different from North America. Any local members care to recommend some fun clubs or parties on New Year's Eve?

• Members

Will celebrate New Year's Eve in Sao Paulo. Surprised to find on Lagoa's website they are closed that night. Very different from North America. Any local members care to recommend some fun clubs or parties on New Year's Eve?

-

I am not a local but I have visted Brazil more than one hundred times. I spend a lot of time in Sao Paulo.

In response to your question, I assume you know that if you found a "fun club or parties" on New Years, you would encounter a language problem as few Brazilians speak English.

While it is true that Lagoa is closed New Years eve, the sauna will be open on New Years day after 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

If you must be in Sao Paulo for New Years eve, I suspect that you will not find much to do unless you are fluent or can speak a fair amount of Portuguese.

In an earlier post you asked about directions to Fragata from the Praca da Republica. Therefore, I assume you are staying somewhere near that area.

You know, of course, in the evening, the Praca can be extremely dangerous. In the daytime, it is safe.

Sorry I cannot offer more encouragement to you about New Years eve. I hope you like to read or that you know some handsome garoto who will keep you company for that one evening.

-

• Members

Thanks, mvan1 and happy new year to you! More than 100 times! Let me hold back my envies first ^_^

Forecast says thunder storms all 5 days I will be in SP. Well, it probably will be cooler at least. Nice to spend New Year's Eve in thunder storm for a change.

Happy holidays to everyone! Party safe ;)

• Members

Although the weather forecast says there will be thunder storms in Sao Paulo, those storms generally happen in the late afternoon (but not always). Therefore, the morning and several hours in the afternoon will be rain and/or storm free.

This is the season for rain in South America. It is summer in Sao Paulo and consequently, thunderstorms are common. Usually, the storms do not last long.

I hope you find something interesting to do for New Years eve. One thing you might consider is a walk or stroll on Avenida Dr. Vieira de Carvalho which intersects one of the gates leading from the Praca da Republica. There is a lot of foot traffic on that street on New Years eve. There will be several bars open for New Years but the chances of having an experience like a sauna visit is slim to none.

Like I previously wrote, as an alternative, you might have to find a good book to read rather than enjoy a New Years night in Sao Paulo. A book will be a memorable experience as your New Years highlight in the largest city in South America.

-

:smile:

Forecast says thunder storms all 5 days I will be in SP. Well, it probably will be cooler at least. Nice to spend New Year's Eve in thunder storm for a change.

Happy holidays to everyone! Party safe ;)