Guest EXPAT

NYTimes endorses Obama

Guest hitoallusa

I liked to point out that a few selected nembers endorse Obama at New York Times and it's not fair to say that the whole organization supports Obama. It's a real irony that the very people who want to put the country on a right path by electing a good president yet does something we can see in a country like North Korea.

I endorse Obama too. I can't tolerate this kind of injustice of New York Times, however. They could have asked simply an Obama supporter to write a favorable article for Obama rather than making this false claim that New York Times endorse Obama. Where is fairness for those employees who disagree?

I guess New York Times clearly shows the backwardness of the media and many problems it possesses. Also the very reality that honesty and properness don't have space in many area of our society and only the name of morality is used by big powers like New York Times to their cause. New York Times should get rid of its hypocrisy before accusing others as hypocrites. I see the very same thing in them and yet they fail to see it. I find it ironical.

I liked to point out that a few selected nembers endorse Obama at New York Times and it's not fair to say that the whole organization supports Obama.

Dear heart, please send me several kilos of whatever drug you're on. When a newspaper endorses a candidate, of course it's the editorial staff speaking. Thus the label "EDITORIAL" as explicitly shown above.

Specifically and emphatically not the news staff. Nor obviously the photogs nor typesetters nor janitors nor night watchmen nor anyone else.

Guest hitoallusa

As long as we can agree it's only the editorial staff is endorsing someone and we can see through the misleading and unfair title then I have no problem with it. ^_^

It's not misleading and unfair because in EVERY case when a newspaper endorses a candidate it's always the editorial staff that does it. Surely you have been around long enough to realize that.

Guest hitoallusa

My point is that the editorial staff can't represent all the journalists, writers and people involved in the organization.

The editorial staff is the newspaper!

My point is that the editorial staff can't represent all the journalists, writers and people involved in the organization.

THEY DON'T CLAIM TO!

Do you not read newspapers?

OK, once more, with feeling: :getlost:

For just about any newspaper in the U.S., unsigned editorials are called out with a heading "EDITORIAL" or "OUR OPINION" or the like.

The unsigned editorials canonically appear on the far left side of the first editorial page. They cannot be mistaken for anything but what they are.

The unsigned editorials just about universally are printed directly above a listing of the paper editorial staff's names and titles. (That is to say, papers are religious in communicating SPECIFICALLY AND PERSONALLY who is writing these editorials. And, in keeping with their elsewhere expressed standards of journalistic ethics, in keeping a high wall between editorial opinion on the one hand, and objective news coverage on the other.)

Somewhere nearby there are usually listed multiple ways to send your opinion back to them.

What more do you want, mermaids?

(Forgive. One's mission as high-school newspaper Managing Editor may peek through here. :smile: One had on certain occasions to reign in some extremist instincts of the hot-tempered Editor-in-Chief, who was correct as visionary but not always as executionist.

His personal-opinion column was titled "Editorial Etchings." (As in "Her piss would etch glass.") He never failed to excoriate the school administration (or occasional other deserving demons -- his judgment was ever spot-on) for a deserved stupidity, or worse. (This was 1977, when the ruling class was fairly willing to roll over and accept our 17-year-old judgment that they were idiots.)

(hitoall, you know I only take all this trouble of responding because of the hots I have for you.

What does that say about either of us?)

Guest hitoallusa

Adam Smith, if I had a husband to look after I would not be posting silly things here and waste my time... ^_^ If you want me to stop then you have only

one thing left to do.. "Ring".. ^_^ I have seen inside the media and how it works. I think we are talking about two different things here.. I am talking about how it is perceived and interpreted by general public and how the media manipulates this kind of so called editorial. If I can't get my point it to you then I will stop here because it will get no where. But I want something on my finger soon.. ^_^

THEY DON'T CLAIM TO!

Do you not read newspapers?

OK, once more, with feeling: :getlost:

For just about any newspaper in the U.S., unsigned editorials are called out with a heading "EDITORIAL" or "OUR OPINION" or the like.

The unsigned editorials canonically appear on the far left side of the first editorial page. They cannot be mistaken for anything but what they are.

The unsigned editorials just about universally are printed directly above a listing of the paper editorial staff's names and titles. (That is to say, papers are religious in communicating SPECIFICALLY AND PERSONALLY who is writing these editorials. And, in keeping with their elsewhere expressed standards of journalistic ethics, in keeping a high wall between editorial opinion on the one hand, and objective news coverage on the other.)

Somewhere nearby there are usually listed multiple ways to send your opinion back to them.

What more do you want, mermaids?

(Forgive. One's mission as high-school newspaper Managing Editor may peek through here. :smile: One had on certain occasions to reign in some extremist instincts of the hot-tempered Editor-in-Chief, who was correct as visionary but not always as executionist.

His personal-opinion column was titled "Editorial Etchings." (As in "Her piss would etch glass.") He never failed to excoriate the school administration (or occasional other deserving demons -- his judgment was ever spot-on) for a deserved stupidity, or worse. (This was 1977, when the ruling class was fairly willing to roll over and accept our 17-year-old judgment that they were idiots.)

(hitoall, you know I only take all this trouble of responding because of the hots I have for you.

What does that say about either of us?)

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my my my what a treacherous thing to say to a properly raised southern lady! ^_^ Well when you actually give me a ring I will have to sterilize it with an industrial autoclave. ^_^

Well, I offered, but you refused. Remember? :D