Guest FourAces

Apple Event

Guest FourAces

There was a surprise at todays Apple Event and it wasn't the rumored iPad Mini. Out of the blue Apple announced the new iPad ... yes this would be generation number 4 if you're counting. What is a bit shocking about this is the 3rd generation iPad was released just a few short months ago.

Are Apple 3rd generation iPad owners a bit unhappy, in one word, YES. SO much s individual Apple stores are offering a extended return for exchange to its customers. And this is not even an official Apple policy they are getting so much push back out on the streets select stores are doing it on their own.

Most likely we will see Apple make the return for exchange only an across the board policy for those who have purchased the 3rd generation iPad within the last month.

Also, announced an upgraded Apple iMac and Mac Mini along with a new focus on iBooks and education.

As for the iPad Mini lets not forget the words Steve Jobs screamed at a earnings conference call about 6 - 10 months prior to his passing, Nobody wants a smaller tablet if they did we would have made it. The 7" tablet is DOA I am telling you its DOA! :o :o :o

Guest FourAces

Well after looking a bit deeper basically the iPad mini is a iPad 2 as much as Apple claims its not .. it is. Yes smaller but same outdated screen resolution and power. And for another $170. on top of the mini's $339 entry point you can buy the brand new fourth generation iPad.

Like the Kindle Fire I think I will wait for the next generation.

• Members

Screen resolution is meaningless since in the smaller size of the mini the human eye can not tell the difference.

Just like in most functions the human eye can not tell the difference between Ipad 2 and 3.

It is like these camera companies that keep increasing the pixels to the point they have no meaning unless you want to make enlargements of 6 feet by 4 feet.

People have been calling Apple wrong for years as they laugh all the way to the bank.

People pay for quality and when you hold an Apple product versus the competition there just is no comparison.

Of course they will cannibalize their own product but better they do it then their competitors.

I'm still not convinced on the iPad. It is nearly the only Apple product that I don't have. One my irritations are the so-called "mobile sites" you are forced to endure while on the iPad. They are limited and inferior to the full blown websites. Some allow you to select the full blown website but many do not. I just don't like those kind of limitations.