Guest FrancoisP

Diocese of South Carolina Leaves the Episcopal Church

Guest hitoallusa

Well even apostles fought in front of Jesus. So to me this kind of thing doesn't surprise me.

Funny thing is that truth find its way sooner or later to us (Galileo, Luther, Calvin, Einstein, Bohr) from that truth we move onto a better understanding about ourselves. In the end, that new found understanding leads us to move our society to another level. I think that's what Jesus intended in a sense... He broight faith, hope and love in the world so dark, impoverished, harsh and contentious. So lets hope in that this schism will not be end of everything. Even the Great schism didn't bring down the Catholic Church....

Recently the Bishop of the Diocese of South Carolina has seceeded from the Episcopal Church.

Any thoughts? As a Devout Episcopalian I think the unity of the Anglican Communion is important.

Its funny because the second thing I thought about was the Nullification Crises in the 1800s.

Your post is serious and substantive. Thk u for it.

To declare my own pawns in the battle, I am a failed product of my mama to make me a Southern Baptist. Regrettably instead I came out an atheist. (Which our fellow poster MsGuy here will note is but one more breed of believer. He is right, but be that as it may!)

To try and get to my point: Having watched Bishop Gene Robinson's struggles with his Communion over some years, what are your thoughts about this issue? Protecting doctrine and core belief against arbitrary or even evil onslaught is clearly a duty. But how to discern when spiritual -- and worldly -- authority of experience authentically challenges received doctrine? And -- as Luther found, quite to his dismay -- what to do when schism is the only path left open to one?

Guest hitoallusa

Every idea and philosophy stands the test of time. Some works and some don't. Some turn out to be wrong. They have one thing in common. They all provide us the bases of our thinking and understanding of this world. From that a form of society rises and provide a stage for our activity.

Jesus clearly says in the Scripture that he doesn't know when his second coming will be and only his Father knows. But there has been lot of false teachers who still mislead people with wrong dates. How can they know what even Jesus didn't know? Yet people are still misled by false teachers. I find that ironical. There must be a great of bias in one's thinking that is very hard to uproot. And I want to get to the bottom of it. ^_^