TotallyOz

Welcome to Boytoy.com!

This design feels thrown together to me only to simply capture curious surfer traffic hit behaviors.

And finally, the term boytoy is non existant in my circle of friends.

Sorry you feel this way. We will work on make it capture more attention.

A boytoy is a very common term in gay circles and even in straight circles. It usually refers to a younger male looking for or going with an older person. Thus, it is like a companion. Sometimes it is for benefit and incentatives. I hear the term a lot.

This is a unique, kind and comfortable "coffee chat" type of forum which draws a handful of great people but stimulates little traffic and the same numbers with new member attraction and interest. I suspect this change might make that reality much more true than it was, even before.

Thanks. I am glad we are able to chat and have fun. We hope to grow the forum. Your participation is the start of a landslide of new people that are going to come out of the woodworks and enjoy the site and forum much more than in the past.

Congratulations on the change.

Thank you so very much!

The updated site is really nice. The new colors and less cluttered layout not only male the site fresher and more current but gives it a fun feeling too :smile:

Thanks FourAces!

Even this hottie boy uses the term "boy toy" in his rentboy ad. . .

http://www.rentboy.c...os=1&locid=1377

Expat, I love the term boytoy and I think we will make it even more popular in the world we all love!

Just a suggestion .....

It takes a fair amount of scrolling down within the forum. The reason is because of so much on top. You have the sites header then navigation bar, followed by my Inbox, total member widget and search widget, then comes the F4F iframe after that is my user name and access to my profile inbox bar, then yet another search box ...

The suggestion would be to remove the Inbox, total member widget and search widget area. It takes up a lot of space and the functions can be accessed in other areas.

Maybe the total member widget can be placed under the boytoy logo in the header of the forum ... like you have on the home page where under the boytoy logo there is a box to click to come to the forum.

I had that 3 days ago and opted for a more colorful banner. I will work on making this better and less to scroll for you. My apologies for the length, I guess I got excited by the hot guys at the top. ^_^

Hate to carp, but the new color scheme might turn me taphephobic. Stylish, no doubt, but the heavy black borders all round make me feel like I'm gazing skyward from a grave.

( Fully prepared to learn, however, that my druthers don't reflect the site's new direction. )

Thanks. We can work on tweaking this as well.

In reviewing my earlier contributions to this thread from yesterday, it feels to me now as though they might have been interpreted as a negative assessment toward the personal efforts made to upgrade the offerings here. Not the final result. So I would like to personally apologize, particularly to the people who own and operate this site, if my current perceptions are even remotely correct.

Thanks. We appreciate all comments and suggestion. We listed to everyone and we try our best to incorporate what the members want.

when you highlight on the main home page under "Our Featured Guys" guys who have not logged in since 2010 and others since February 2012 it doesn't make the site feel current or in touch with whatever the page is attempting to accomplish.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I think Oz and the software team has done a wonderful job with the new site. It looks great and it is so much faster than the old site and that goes for the admin software you guys never see. In addition to speed there are some new conveniences useful for day to day site management and maintenance, including selection of our Featured Persons.

Congrats to Oz and the S/W Team.

You are a scholar and a gentleman! Much apprecaited my friend!

The "city guides" links populating the entire left side of the page are non functional and refer people back to the forums which offer nothing to the surfers suggested interest. Not to any actual city, real time happenings or actual city web pages.

You are totally right. This was done by design. It will link to the actual forum parts next week. I am so sorry, but my time has been consumed this week and I did not have time to edit the City Guides over this week. I will spend my weekend and next week doing this. But, it will eventually go to actual content. I just did not want to remove that section from the homepage (a time consuming process for the designer) for only one week. Thank you for your understanding in this.

• Members

The "featured persons" on the home page have not logged into this site since 2010 in one case, February of 2012 in another instance, so it seems to me like the important tweeks here are being sacrificed for what is more a cosmetic and glamour makeover versus a functional and realtime go to functioning website meant to deliver current information to whomever the site is directed to.

The "city guides" links populating the entire left side of the page are non functional and refer people back to the forums which offer nothing to the surfers suggested interest. Not to any actual city, real time happenings or actual city web pages.

Makeovers are great. They enhance already in place functionability to the visitors of the site who use and rely upon it for real time resources.

This is not happening here.

So, Congrats to Oz and the S/W Team seems a bit premature here for me.

How about I give you the five newest people everday. That will get old fast. We are in the eye candy business as well as the profile listing business. And thanks for your patience, it is comforting.

Anyone who has built software knows there is a shake out period to identify and smooth out remaining issues. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day. I worked in software development for 35 years. There comes a point when you can continue to stroke and refine a design package by kicking the tires in the lab all you want but the best shakeout is obtained when you put it on the road. That is where the software 'design' turns into a fully functional package.

You have been critical of the new development from day one. That is fine. We appreciate constructive feedback, even if a little acerbic in tone. But you have made a habit of chiming in with pissy comments that no longer serve a constructive purpose. If you do not like the new system or can't abide a break in period then take a hike. Oz would never be so blunt. For better or worse I'm a little more like Uncle Joe, I call a spade a spade and an asshole an asshole. Please do not let this go over your head. Have a nice day.

One final sentiment. You have been shown the door under several previous screen names in the past. Take the hint. :bye:

Guest FourAces

OZ- I had that 3 days ago and opted for a more colorful banner. I will work on making this better and less to scroll for you. My apologies for the length, I guess I got excited by the hot guys at the top. :smile:

=========

Hey OZ I love the top banner. This is what I suggest be removed.

post-100094-0-82219000-1350710230_thumb.

Guest FourAces

Oh no maybe I found a bug :( I tried to attach a image in the post above and as you see it has not appeared. Just for testing I am gonna try to attach a different image to this post.

post-100094-0-79984600-1350710398_thumb.

Guest FourAces

4Aces, maybe you should double check by posting another image.

In fact, why not try posting 3 or 4 more, just to make sure. :thumbsup:

MsGuy I take it from your comment you can see the images I posted. I truly cannot. In fact I cannot see any attached images at all :( :( :(

OZ / TY I am using FF with Windows 7. Maybe you can check to see if the issue is affecting others with like setup.

• Members

4Aces, unless my memory is even more addled than usual, there used to a cute blond boytoy attached to your post #30.

Unfortunately, presently there's only a nasty red x box together with "9-27-12 12-47-27AM.jpg"

• Members

Change and progress are always good, so congrats on the new design. Very bright and eye catching. but personally I find it a bit too "busy" and somewhat distracting.... Too much crammed into too little.. anyway seems most people are enjoying it so Congrats on the accomplishment.

• Members

Change and progress are always good...

Progress is good, I guess. Change is just change; could be bad, could be good; usually just confusing.

It only took me three days to figure out how to do the same stuff I always used to do on the old software, so the change wasn't so bad this time. And things do look nattier. :P

And the new software does the log-on for me! Usually. Now that's PROGRESS!! :thumbsup: