JKane

Debate was nice and firey, now to watch Romney/Ryan try to un-nail the Jello from the wall...

• Members

Though both Biden and the moderator tried their hardest to get actual details out of Ryan they only succeeded a couple times... but at least it's now out there that Romney/Ryan supports making abortion illegal, though yesterday one was saying through the courts and one was saying legislatively... and Ryan had the audacity to continue to promote the idea of privatizing Social Security.

I wish Biden had brought up that the Medicare privatization/voucher BS would be yet another big health insurance profit giveaway.

But overall I was impressed Biden's performance, though it may've came off better on TV than radio (where I heard it) and may've been a lot easier to follow for people already familiar with the issues versus the undecided/low information voters (fire BAD!) who were the real demographic that needed to be hit... Sadly, Ryan came off fairly well too, especially if you didn't know everything he was saying was evasive bullshit...

Guest hitoallusa

The poll says it was a draw... Ryan 48 to Biden 44 and 4 percent lead for Ryan is within the statistical error so the lead is not significant. Although the article below doesn't cite the actual margin of error, I believe that is a fair statement. I'm glad that some reporters can interpret a poll data correctly and didn't say Ryan did better or something along the line.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/11/politics/vp-debate/index.html?c=intl-homepage-t

Guest FourAces

My favorite past was when Biden disclosed that Ryan had sent him two letters requesting stimulus money and how Ryan thought it would help create jobs :lol:

CNN was back tracking on their poll all day today. It turns out that they were only able to tap 381 respondents and those were heavily Republican skewed. Only CBS had a sample size that was adequate and they were all of undecided voters. Also Reuters came out with a much broader poll that has Biden winning.

• Members

I just don't get how any thoughtful person making less than 100K or even 150K can vote for R Money? It is as if no one remembers the "trickle-down' malarkey. Except now, I'll always think of Ryan as shilling for a new strain of drip-down economics with the dripping being a particularly virulent strain of STD.

Guest hitoallusa

Providing sample size and the margin of error in a report is once again important. Once again the media failed to handle statistics improperly.

CNN was back tracking on their poll all day today. It turns out that they were only able to tap 381 respondents and those were heavily Republican skewed. Only CBS had a sample size that was adequate and they were all of undecided voters. Also Reuters came out with a much broader poll that has Biden winning.