Guest EXPAT

Hitchcock

"Hitchcock" is the latest project from Sacha Gervasi (writer, "The Terminal"), which tells the story of legendary director Alfred Hitchcock, played by Anthony Hopkins, his wife Alma (Helen Mirren) and the making of Psycho," maybe his best known feature film.

The poster has been released (above, via EW) and is certainly a wonderful throwback to the posters for Hitchcock's biggest hits back in the day. But it doesn't exactly convey that much of the movie is actually a "love story" between Hitchcock and Alma, who were together 53 years.

"I think Alma accepts Hitch for exactly who he is and knows his idiosyncrasies and his crazy predilections," Gervasi tells EW. "She allows him to have his obsessions and I think our movie is about a point where they sort of escalate. Their marriage is absolutely touched off by his increasing obsessions with these women, but they were ultimately fantasy relationships. Hitch lived in this world of fantasy; to him it was more real than real life. And I think Alma was able to kind of, in this film at least, smash it down a little bit."

"Hitchcock" also stars Scarlet Johansson as Janet Leigh and Jessica Biel as Vera Miles, the two actresses who starred in "Psycho." The first trailer for "Hitchcock" is expected to debut Wednesday, Oct. 10, and the movie opens in select theaters Nov. 23.

post-105999-0-54386500-1349798516_thumb.

Guest Hoover42

From the trailer alone, it looks like Anthony Hopkins does a terrible Hitchcock impersonation. I hope I'm wrong, since I do plan to the see film despite the grotesque trailer.

I agree. Once again Hopkins is kind of a caricature of what Hitchcock was. He was not great as Nixon either. I hope the movie is better than what I saw in his trailer.