Guest hitoallusa

My home floor is sinking!!!

Guest hitoallusa

My wooden floor near outside the bathroom on the first floor is sinking and my basement ceiling is dripping water. Now for the guys here who are into home improvement.. Is this a pipe problem or my bathroom is not properly sealed somewhere? How can I locate the hole? I'm not sure who to hire to fix this problem either? Do I call a plumber? I need a husband for this kind if matter.. :(

• Members

Both plumbing and carpentry probably required here. If the floor is noticably sinking, you likely have rotten supports underneath.

A home renovation type contractor might save you some grief by handling the details & necessary co-ordination for you. You need to tear into it, find the source of the water, stop it and replace the damaged wood. Maybe some finish work too.

Sounds like you're about to be out some $$$$, Hito. If you have been thinking of upgrading your bath, this might be a good time time to kill two birds with one contractor.

Guest hitoallusa

I put out some pairs of shoes outside the door if somebody was interested and they disappeared right away.. I get rid of shoes I don't wear anymore like that from time to time so a walk in closet is enough for my shoes.. ^_^

It's going to cost me a lot to fix the sinking floor that means I can't spend on shoes for a while... Sad... Why can't I be Kate Middleton!!!!! Maybe I should not give up on Prince Harry.. lol ^_^

Guest FourAces

How can I locate the hole?

Its not hard roll him over and poke around a bit. When you hear him scream you've found the hole :P

In all seriousness I hope you were able to get the issue corrected.

Guest hitoallusa

Lol.. No wonder I was sensitive to smell these days.. I had an open ass hole in my house... ^_^ FA you have find a cause for my odor problem.. I thought my brain was wrong...

It will take some time to fix it and cost me a lot... I have to shop for new wooden floor too. Any suggestions? Since it is going to cost me a lot I'm going to do it right... ^_^

Guest gcursor

sorry to hear about your house problems Hitoall. As for your floor that you want to put in, how about...don't laugh...marble!? Yes, I know that it's quite expensive but THINK of how impressed people will be when they come over not to mention how much it would increase the value of your house.

Guest hitoallusa

What a wonderful idea but I want my place to give out warm and comfortable ambience. I like wood floors in that sense.. It might look nice but I prefer wood. You can come over and help me move my furniture if you would like. I will make you dinner.. :smile: We also have to discuss a way to get our green alien baby back from the Feds... :smile:

sorry to hear about your house problems Hitoall. As for your floor that you want to put in, how about...don't laugh...marble!? Yes, I know that it's quite expensive but THINK of how impressed people will be when they come over not to mention how much it would increase the value of your house.