JKane

New TV season...

• Members

Got around to watching Last Resort last night and really enjoyed it! For anybody who's ever enjoyed a Tom Clancy novel, the pilot at least is a home run! Great production values and VFX, tense, well acted (especially Andre Braugher, of course!) But I'm very worried where it goes from here... it's really to bad it's a show on a regular broadcast network instead of a miniseries (or regular British series) because I'm not at all convinced there's a full season's content here--and I'm sure people are already working on how to stretch it to "6 seasons and a movie!".

Didn't realize it's Shawn Ryan (The Shield and, more relevantly: The Unit), so that's a plus too.

post-117726-0-66530200-1349107100_thumb.

• Members

I also watched Elementary, and was pleasantly surprised. It is *of course* not nearly as good as BBC's Sherlock... I would say it's not even a particularly good version of Sherlock Holmes. But if you figure on that and just watch it as a detective/crime drama, it's better and smarter than most on American TV these days--not that this is saying much. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu both did a pretty good job, the way she's setup is interesting, at least.

post-117726-0-54681200-1349106934_thumb.

Guest NCBored

I was pleased with Last Resort too. I was surprised at how quickly they moved things along. But it DOES seem more fit to be a mini-series, unless they spend a lot of time on the conspiracy in the US.

I also liked Elementary. (and I liked Jonny Lee Miller in Eli Stone, too.)

I still can't see how they can make an entire 22 episode season out of Last Resort. But I'll watch it on demand since I have too many other shows on Thursday that I watch.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the season premiere of Dexter last night. It was truly a nail biter. I also loved the season premiere of HOMELAND too. Both are very well written shows.

• Members

I still can't see how they can make an entire 22 episode season out of Last Resort. But I'll watch it on demand since I have too many other shows on Thursday that I watch.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the season premiere of Dexter last night. It was truly a nail biter. I also loved the season premiere of HOMELAND too. Both are very well written shows.

Dexter is a VERY thoughtful show, and while Deb certainly knows something is askew, I dont think she will ever turn her brother in. It certainly kept you on the edge of your seat, and the coming attractions were clever without revealing too much. I am sorry this will be the last season, but am anxious to see how it will turn out. I think the only thing that will make sense is to have Dexter die somehow.

• Members

I always though Johnny Lee Miller was a hottie.

The first episode this year of Good Wife was something else. Great direction and cutting during the Kalinda fight and sex scenes. I think it must be a bit difficult to show that kind of tension, unresolved passion/lust, as well as anger and aggression.

Disappointing episode 3 of Glee. Sad music choices. Boring mash-up. SJP was an Annie on Broadway and had so little to do in the episode. Usually Eric Stoltz either does a better job or is given a better script and musical numbers to direct. Sad.

AND WHERE THE FUCK WAS MY EUNUCH???

Early ratings figures peg Revolution as the most DVR'ed show, increasing its ratings by 51% once the people who watch the show within three days are counted. At the moment, counting the DVR viewers makesRevolution the second most-watched scripted program (behind Modern Family), but that's expected to change once The Big Bang Theory's DVR viewers are counted.

Guest FourAces

I watched Last Resort and really enjoyed it But as you mentioned it will be interesting to see how the show develops. Its almost as if they blew their load too soon :o

• Members

Last Resort is definitely a movie or miniseries vehicle. Not sure how it will weather a full season. The comments I made about Revolution a while back were intended for this show. I was confused, sadly not for the first time. :P

Elementary is two thumbs up for the stars and writing. Love the show. Sound was muddy and difficult to understand. Two thumbs down for tech aspect.

• Members

Early ratings figures peg Revolution as the most DVR'ed show, increasing its ratings by 51% once the people who watch the show within three days are counted...

Anytime I know beforehand that the makers of Lost are involved in something I avoid it like the plague. I don't have time to invest in season after season of something that brings up interesting ideas/questions but then *doesn't do a fucking thing with them*. Prometheus was actually the quintessential example of what happens...

Whoopi Goldberg is going to check into 666 Park Avenue to play a mysterious shut in and longtime and I mean long long time resident, who helps Jane understand the building's supernatural connection using hypnosis. So in other words, she's reprising her character from Ghost.

Guest NCBored

Any Sons of Anarchy fans here? (or fans of Justified?)

Tonight's episode of SOA had an over-the-top cameo by Walton Goggins. Incredible prosthetics!

Chicago Fire premieres tonight. I've already seen this pilot and it's just OK. I don't see it becoming a big hit. But it was nice to see Taylor Kinney with his shirt off. . .

post-105999-0-37640900-1349888703_thumb.

"ARROW" on the CW also premieres tonight. I'm really looking forward to that. Also "Beauty & The Beast" is premiering tomorrow night. I think they will be both be unique and interesting.

post-105999-0-78178300-1349888814_thumb.

Guest FourAces

Are you guys watching Revolution? I really feel JJ Abrams might have another LOST here. Aside from plucking a few actors and actresses from LOST (as he does with many of his shows) it has the same feel and build up each episode and even the same fadeout music lol. Anyway I'm very impressed and looking forward to what he will throw in the mix next.

If you haven't watched the show you can always see all the back episodes on Hulu.

Are you guys watching Revolution? I really feel JJ Abrams might have another LOST here. Aside from plucking a few actors and actresses from LOST (as he does with many of his shows) it has the same feel and build up each episode and even the same fadeout music lol. Anyway I'm very impressed and looking forward to what he will throw in the mix next.

If you haven't watched the show you can always see all the back episodes on Hulu.

The premise that every power source is dead just does not make sense to me. So I hope they explain it soon or I will lose interest in a very far fetched plot line.