Guest EXPAT

Ann Coulter irritates as usual on "The View"

Guest hitoallusa

Well I haven't read the book so I can't comment on it but not sure whether those women actually read the book... Reading the excerpts don't count and so many people talk about books without actually reading them... I'm glad that I'm out of the US right now...

• Members

Ms. Coulter couldn't care less what the likes of Whoopi or Barbara think about her.

I doubt she believes her nonsense any more than you do. She's just working the simple folk for her share of their cash.

Reminds me of the Pentacostal preachers that have infested my section of the country for so long. The book royalties and speaking fees are her tent poles and collection plates.

Best thing I ever heard about La Coulter (has there been a chromosome analysis, btw?!) was by whatever leftie commentator who termed her "that distressing length of gristle."

Reminds me of the Pentacostal preachers that have infested my section of the country for so long. The book royalties and speaking fees are her tent poles and collection plates.

Yep. Instead of one more tedious auto-da-fe, should we not instead simply burn Joel Osteen on a pyre of his own writings?

• Members

... should we not instead simply burn Joel Osteen on a pyre of his own writings?

How true!

I mean, really, how does this slick haired sharpie get people to send him their money? One look and you know he just ain't right.

l.jpg

At least when we give away our cash, we have the excuse we're thinking with our small head.

I really worry about a society that puts so much value in these evangelist preachers. My gut feeling is that it is a weak mind that needs to do so, but I really hate to jump to judgement. But I guess I already have. . .

Guest hitoallusa

Joel is so cute... ^_^ His message is very positive... There is a reason that people send him money...

How true!

I mean, really, how does this slick haired sharpie get people to send him their money? One look and you know he just ain't right.

l.jpg

At least when we give away our cash, we have the excuse we're thinking with our small head.

His message is very positive...

Well...I have recently cut a rug for no less than Eckhart Tolle. And the Vedantas from which he filched his main ideas. But, not to be curmudgeonly only for its own sake, Osteen's 'prosperity Gospel' continues to grate as one of the most corrosive, corrupted derivatives of the profound good that Jeshua and (let me grit my teeth and say it) even Paul derived there from the downspout end of the Axial Age's revolutions.

There is a reason that people send him money...

That, regrettably, is only too true.

Guest hitoallusa

What about government? Is it all positive? But it has many functions that facilitate our lives... Religion do have positive role in our life..

[quote name=EXPAT' timestamp='1348932374'

papost='68126]

I don't see anything positive with messages of hate.

• Members

I don't see anything positive in televangelist millionaire's megachurches. A dear loved one was suckered into Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert and Oral Roberts fucking SCAMS. It might be different if any actually taught the message of Jesus--gut then they wouldn't have multi-million dollar empires and make all their money being seen to pray.

Guest zipperzone

What about government? Is it all positive? But it has many functions that facilitate our lives... Religion do have positive role in our life..

Speak for yourself... Religion does not affect my life in any way.

• Members

I really worry about a society that puts so much value in these evangelist preachers. My gut feeling is that it is a weak mind that needs to do so, but I really hate to jump to judgement. But I guess I already have. . .

Two points: 1. I believe you paint society with too broad a brush. 2. P.T. Barnum said it best...