Guest EXPAT

Mitt Romney explains Bain Capital

Guest hitoallusa

Young Romney is pretty cute..^_^ I am not sure why people don't talk about his hard work and innovative mind.. He did quiet well in his business... Yes the power of rich cooperations is too strong in the US and there is a big income disparity. That doesn't make people happy. But we have to give him credit for what he has achieved... He could have been an average guy with his parents money.. He decided not to do that... He saw an opportunity and worked hard for it. He didn't even drink and his social life was his family.. There are good things about him too...

• Members

Amen, Expat.

Instead of a conservative with compassion, the Republicans have nominated someone with surgical cruelty. To hear him talk of "harvesting" reminds me of people attempting to compare Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin, and who was worse and to what degree.

Guest hitoallusa

He seems a bit obstinate and opinionated. But some of his business decisions were case by case and he is flexible too. Maybe that is why he looks like an opportunist. I do want to see him as a flexible person.. Him being inconsistent can be a negative thing but it can be explained in a positive way if looked closely...

He is not likely win the election and I think Obama will have his second term. I hope he does it well and finish what he has started...

Guest hitoallusa

It may look that way but I think we can just conclude that he is pandering. It's very hard to judge one's character and for me it is the most difficult thing to do... I can be wrong many times...

• Members

I do want to see him as a flexible person.. Him being inconsistent can be a negative thing but it can be explained in a positive way if looked closely...

One of these days I'd like to understand why you are so desperate to see almost exclusively the positive in him. Yes, if you don't count many core teachings of his religion (about caring for the poor, the near-impossibility of rich men in heaven, his documented indifference to others' suffering), yes, he's *otherwise* lead a moral "christian" life.

*SO HAS HIS OPPONENT!*

So how exactly is this relevant?

I think most all of us have come around to feeling Bill Clinton was a better president than either of these candidates are likely to ever be--yet he was the opposite, so fucking what? And you know what, picking and choosing that his womanizing is worse than Mitt's profiteering at others' expense while on the other hand giving Mitt credit for giving money to his cult/religion to proselytize with while ignoring the hundreds of thousands of lives Clinton's Global Initiative has saved in those same countries--without any strings--in order to declare Mitt morally superior to Clinton... I just don't get.

But then again I ask so fucking what, because, again, *Obama's* got no history of being anything but a devoted family man and practicing Christian. A man who's work and care for the poor seems a hell of a lot more CHRISTian than his opponents'!

Here's a thought, it's fairly easy to agree that the two most Christian Presidents we've had in our lifetimes: President Carter and the second President Bush, were also--for whatever reasons--the worst. So how about we try something else, intelligence and vision, perhaps?

Guest hitoallusa

JKane, the sample size is too small to make that conclusion and your assumption is that George W Bush would have done a bad job in the Clinton era if he had been president at that time.

If we finally have a gay president in the future and he does a bad job then can you possibly say that's because he is gay?

Religion and sexual preferences should not be a factor in evaluating one's performance at any job. Yes if religion and sexual preference prevent someone to perform a task then that person should not be hired based on the requirement for the job unless the job applicant can set aside those issues.

JKane, the sample size is too small to make that conclusion and your assumption is that George W Bush would have done a bad job in the Clinton era if he had been president at that time.

Dear heart: I finally have you by the (xxxx) now. :smile: Your technical training will not let you escape the acknowledgment that you simply cannot, from that news report quoted, assert those results may be inside the margins of error. Those reports do not give the information on sample size and distribution of results that would let you calculate a chi-square (or your other, even more devious devil-dances!) that would invalidate those poll results.

(PS If I am wrong, you know what you can do to me in consequence! ;) )

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my am I finally getting proposed? I want a nice ring and also if you are going to be generous please have a matching pair of shoes for the ring... ^_^ my answer will be yes but we have to go through kneeling down and other essential steps for a proposal...^_^

As I have said I'm not trying to defend Romney.. The same biased ways of thinking you can find in the article enforced out dated traditions and ideas on people.... That kind of biased thinking has been the base for discrimination against gays for thousands of years... I do hope people can see that..

(PS If I am wrong, you know what you can do to me in consequence! ;) )

Guest hitoallusa

Let's see I googled and researched whether the wind will ruin my hair and the roads are well paved for my shoes in both places you mentioned. And the second thing I researched was whether couples who got proposed in both places are actually married and happy.

For the question of finding out who actually got proposed in both places were extremely difficult and some people didn't have any motive to answer the questions so when they were pressed for an answer they rapidly gave yes or no answer. So not only my sample size small but some data collected were questionable... So I decided that it doesn't really matter whether I get proposed...

Well. I admit. Almost. Something I do not quite wish to say.

...If I said you had to meet me at Morehead City instead of Hatteras Head to hear the words, would that suffice to call it off...?

:smile: