Guest EXPAT

CBS' "Partners" ?

Did you watch the new sitcom on CBS called "Partners" last night? It was pretty good. It's nice to see Michael Urie back on TV (originally from "Ugly Betty"). I also liked seeing former "Superman" star Brandon Routh in this role playing a gay male nurse. He had a cute line about a "heart" on. . .

post-105999-0-44858400-1348591972_thumb.

post-105999-0-63366800-1348591978_thumb.

Guest Allessio77

I liked it more than "New Normal", and I think I will add it to my sitcom schedule which only includes Modern family and Big Bang at the moment....The Mindy Project was edgy and amusing last night though....

Ryan Murphy needs to go to the Norman Lear school of character development. When Lear created the Archie Bunker character he knew people would be offended by what he said and did but he still made the character likable. But in The New Normal, Ellen Barkin's character is just evil and not likable at all. The last thing I would ever do is create a dinner party to appease this bigot and that's what makes this show not enjoyable. He needs to work on the character development so there is a reason why we want to hear them on the screen.

• Members

Ryan Murphy needs to go to the Norman Lear school of character development. When Lear created the Archie Bunker character he knew people would be offended by what he said and did but he still made the character likable. But in The New Normal, Ellen Barkin's character is just evil and not likable at all. The last thing I would ever do is create a dinner party to appease this bigot and that's what makes this show not enjoyable. He needs to work on the character development so there is a reason why we want to hear them on the screen.

Actually I am MORE bothered by the gay characters than by Ellen Barkin whi is actting the part of a stupid in your face bigot, and naking no apologies for it. The streotyping of the Gay characters escpaes me since this was "supposed" to be a project to further awareness and acceptance. If I was child services, I wouldnt give those 2 a child, no way, no how. so far, they have come off as narcissistic , self centered and out of touch with reality. To me, this is "The Old Abnormal" and not "The NEW Normal"...

• Members

Actually I am MORE bothered by the gay characters than by Ellen Barkin whi is actting the part of a stupid in your face bigot, and naking no apologies for it. The streotyping of the Gay characters escpaes me since this was "supposed" to be a project to further awareness, acceptance, and tolerance. I cant tolerate those 2 guys for 30 minutes, and If I was child services, I wouldnt give those 2 a child, no way, no how. So far, they have come off as narcissistic , self centered and out of touch with reality. To me, this is "The Old Abnormal" and not "The NEW Normal"...