Guest EXPAT

Can someone explain this to me?

• Members

... more people watched Honey Boo Boo than Romney's speech at the Republican National Convention.

If they caught the season finale, then they heard Honey Boo Boo voicing approval of Gays. Better than listening to Romney read off a teleprompter any day of the week.

LOL, Honey's got good gaydar too! Apparently she sussed out Anderson Cooper months before he came out on TV.

• Members

America is the land of FREE enterprise, and I am happy to see people of ALL backgrounds taking advantage of the opportunities our country offers. Honey was the MOST watched cable show, so apparently she holds some attraction for alot of people ? She's a 50 year old Drag queen in a childs body, with a family made up of alot of crazy ! How can you NOT love her ?

• Members

A friend of mine-who holds an advanced degree from Harvard,makes $300 an hour as a tutor,and is a world traveller-is in love with this show.

He states the love this family has for each other pours from the TV screen.

I find it uncomfortable to watch-hits a little too close to my upbringing? There is a reason I ran away from home as soon as I could!

I do love hearing Frank DeCaro discussing the previous nights episode.

• Members

A friend of mine-who holds an advanced degree from Harvard,makes $300 an hour as a tutor,and is a world traveller-is in love with this show.

He states the love this family has for each other pours from the TV screen.

I find it uncomfortable to watch-hits a little too close to my upbringing? There is a reason I ran away from home as soon as I could!

I do love hearing Frank DeCaro discussing the previous nights episode.

Now, now TP, I hope it wasnt your intention to equate earning power with intelligence and class, because I can throw up Kim Kardashian to debunk your theory... But, I do get your point, and believe that honey is just a "guilty" fun pleasure for alot of people, and her over the top antics (although staged) and connection with her family are just damn entertaining. Who wouldnt want to live a house where its Halloween EVERY day ???? And no doubt, they are eatting alot of Candy !

• Members

OK, confession time...I watched the last half of the Honey Boo Boo finale today.

And, aside from an occasional cringe, I enjoyed it.

The thing is, they enjoy their lives and they obviously enjoy each other. And that comes through despite the camara's focus on the grotesqueries.

I'm just not a fan of any reality shows other than singing competitions. And even with those I skip all of the back stories and only watch the performances.

OK, confession time...I watched the last half of the Honey Boo Boo finale today.

And, aside from an occasional cringe, I enjoyed it.

The thing is, they enjoy their lives and they obviously enjoy each other. And that comes through despite the camara's focus on the grotesqueries.

And here is an autotuned version of her gay tribute. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fYCh-7O5c4