Guest EXPAT

Days of Our Lives Will & Sonny KISS

I agree that they are both very cute and both very desirable. But when will Hollywood soap operas stop feeding (upon) gay characters, str8 lines in heterosexual life style type settings and situations?

Many might consider this progressive advancement in our cause and movement toward equality. But too often for me it feels disengnious and as far from my reality as you can get.

Putting gays on tv is one thing. Airbrushing our culture and our reality away and into something else for ratings and advertising dollars cheapens who we really are as people sometimes.

But maybe that's why they call them soaps.

The live blog of the episode. . .

Nicole is tending to her baby. Wait a minute. What? I've never seen a kid SORAS'd from the womb to a stroller overnight. Oh, and she's wearing a very attractive choker. Oh wait ... it's E.J. . Ahh, she's just having another one of her visions. And she's wearing some fabulous gold lame' maternity shoes.

Sonny calls Will and leaves a message asking why he canceled their date. Jeez, will these guys ever connect? Meanwhile, Will sees Sonny's call and ignores it. Marlenaasks, "Is that your new dog whistle ring, the one that I can't hear?" Will says, "No, it's just on silent." Marlena asks if he wants to return the call, and Will insists that he doesn't. Grandma is disappointed. I don't think Marlena is going to be happy until Will has Grindr and Manhunt working to get him laid.

Marlena notices that Will is very tense (really? I would have gone with "catatonic"), and asks if it has anything to do with the conversation they had the other month day about the young man that Will liked. Will says he doesn't want to talk about it, and Marlena backs off, but says, "If that man doesn't think you're delicious spectacular, then he is not worth your time."

Will admits, "I don't know how he feels, But I did overhear someone saying that I wasn't good enough for him." Marlena sternly says,"And that's not true!" and for a brief horrifying moment, Marlena's eyes are possessed ... by Sami

Will sadly tells her, "But that's the problem. It is true. I know it is." Oh Will.

As much as i'm enjoying Nicole''s charmingly psychotic soliloquies, she's perilously close to "crazy cat lady in search of cats."

Adrienne is talking to Maggie, and I just realized why I've had such warm feelings toward Adrienne ... she's wearing Luke Snyder's hair. Sonny hovers in the background as Adrienne says, "I raised four boys, who bungee-jumped and mountain-climbed, and just about sent me to an early death.. Sonny being the biggest daredevil of them all."

An eavesdropping Sonny smiles, but it disappears when she continues, "But one thing I learned through all that ... is the harder I pushed to get them to do it my way, the more they were dead set against it. You really have to let kids make their own decisions. And I really shouldn't be giving out that advice unless I'm willing to take it myself." So basically she just stole Sonny's line. He does not look happy.

After Maggie leaves, Sonny comes over and admits he was eavesdropping, and asks his Mom about what she said about staying out of her kids' lives. Sonny thinks she's talking about his brother, but Adrienne admits, "It's you I need to apologize to. You and Will."

TEARS START WELLING.

Nicole just photoshopped herself in bed with Rafe. Did she google "Rafe Hernandez in bed" for the pic?

Marlena says, "I know it's trite, but it's true, if you don't love yourself, how can you expect someone else to love you?" CAN I GET AN AMEN IN HERE? After all, Marlena did raise someone who's famous for Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent. Sami's gifted at it.

Will tells her that it's not about being gay, and Marlena says, "I know. I was 18 once," and she talks about when she was young, and went to college, and fretting about courses, and so many Walks Of Shame she made. She tells him that he's not going to gel with everyone, and that's about them, not about him. She then asks him to do a favor for her ... and pick up his phone, and return the call ... and remember ... Don't F*ck It Up.

Sonny is confronting Adrienne about what Will heard. She tries to explain that she didn't know Will was listening, but Sonny doesn't want to hear it, and wants to know what she said. She admits that she said she didn't think Will was good enough for him. A furious Sonny says, "I have to go find him," and he storms out.

Okay, two things ... Adrienne is not at fault here. She thought she was having a private conversation, and it was Will who was eavesdropping. And two ... I prefer Sweet Sonny. Unlike Bad Chad and Angry Will, seeing Angry Sonny is very ... disconcerting ... like watching someone yell at a puppy.

In a grin-inducing scene, Marlena is still begging Will to make that call, when Sonny swoops in, interrupts, and says, "Will, I'm so glad I tracked you down. I need to talk to you. There's been a huge misunderstanding." Marlena finally realizes that SONNY IS THE GUY, and very sweetly makes her exit, telling Will, "I think I hear that dog whistle." Okay, that me made me squee a bit.

THEN the kissing scene (see YouTube above)

Nicole delivers one of my favorite lines of the day when Sami finds a pic of little Sydneyin her purse - "Don't worry, I'm not going to kidnap her ... again."

post-105999-0-96418900-1348266313_thumb.