AdamSmith

Hilarious Obama ad mocks Mitt on "out of context"

Guest hitoallusa

I don't understand that why people interpret the caption in a negative... I think it shows Romney is humble since he acknowledges that he said dumb things.. Real dumb people don't know they are saying dumb things. Most of all he didn't say thousands of dumb things because he knows that he should not. I think the person who made the caption below just made fun of himself instead of Romney.. ^_^

romney_zps641450ad.jpg

YET.

• Members

Many, or maybe most, American don't love and respect Mittens. Nominally R MONEY that he was able to abscond with while legally destroying and bankrupting many businesses.

We FEAR him and his financial supporters. Starting with the Koch brothers.

• Members

Whether you are smart or not.. Romney we love and respect you as a human being, friend and a fellow american. Please remember that... Kisses and hugs... :smile:

I think you fundamentally do not understand Willard 'Mitt' Romney, to say such a thing.

A human being would have empathy for those whose lives he's negatively affected, as CEO of Bain or that story of the woman, denied hospital access to her wife, meeting with then Governor, for example.

Friend? He's the quintessential 1%-er born with a silver spoon in his mouth, thinking of the rest of--if at all--as nothing more that servants!

American?! An American Patriot DOES NOT make millions upon millions of dollars by shipping American jobs overseas AND THEN put all his loot in the FUCKING CAYMAN ISLANDS to avoid paying taxes on it! While lecturing **all of us** on how we don't pay any taxes and we feel entitled to government services, no less!! Kind of like protesting FOR the DRAFT during Vietnam yet RUNNING AWAY so he can't get drafted himself.

--And I thought Bush II and Cheney were assholes!

Guest hitoallusa

He is trying so hard to make this country a better place to live based on his knowledge and philosophy whether they are suitable or not... For tha he is a patriot...

He is trying so hard to make this country a better place to live based on his knowledge and philosophy whether they are suitable or not... For tha he is a patriot...

Again, I think you are giving him way too much credit. I actually don't think he is trying to make the country a better place. I do think he is trying to make the conditions for larger companies and rich people much more positive. And in his weird way of thinking that should automatically translate in a better world for everyone. But that has already been debunked by nearly every economist. So if you measure his desire on a bad foundation of information, then OK I'll grant your hypothesis.

I never really fully understood the necessity of Britney Spears' conservatorship until.......now.

Sorry. And I'm Canadian!

Guest hitoallusa

Executives at APPLE do similar things to keep the cost of productions down... Please look at the back of your iPhone... It reads "assembled in china" how can you blame these businesses for trying to keep the cost down? Apple also keeps their tax down in a similar way that Romney uses.. How can we just pick Romney and say he is the worst guy? I am not trying to argue and maybe I am misguided but it is getting a bit old that we become pawns for these imperfect ideas and philosophy of democrats and republicans? The reality shows that none of these ideas are close to perfect so let's not hate someone with different ideas. I think the US is a great country and it has a lot of potential to grow. But wasting our energy by becoming parrots for the unjustified media reports can't be good. But time will come and people will look back in a better society and talk about us... Lets not embarrass ourselves..

I think you fundamentally do not understand Willard 'Mitt' Romney, to say such a thing.

A human being would have empathy for those whose lives he's negatively affected, as CEO of Bain or that story of the woman, denied hospital access to her wife, meeting with then Governor, for example.

Friend? He's the quintessential 1%-er born with a silver spoon in his mouth, thinking of the rest of--if at all--as nothing more that servants!

American?! An American Patriot DOES NOT make millions upon millions of dollars by shipping American jobs overseas AND THEN put all his loot in the FUCKING CAYMAN ISLANDS to avoid paying taxes on it! While lecturing **all of us** on how we don't pay any taxes and we feel entitled to government services, no less!! Kind of like protesting FOR the DRAFT during Vietnam yet RUNNING AWAY so he can't get drafted himself.

--And I thought Bush II and Cheney were assholes!

• Members

There seems something inherently wrong when one candidate is backed/funded by the Koch brothers and their assorted companies to the tune of 400 million dollars. Yep. That is what I heard. 400 Simoleons.

And Hitooallusa, let me give you a piece of unsolicited advice, beware of the guy who tells you it is raining when the inside of your boot feels wet. More likely than not, he's been pissing in it.

Just like the 2011 returns. He purposely did not take the full deductions for his tithe to the Mormon church. Otherwise putting a lie to his 13 percent claims. Or it would have been around 9 percent. After the election, he can go back, and most likely will, amend them.

Can you imagine what one would find in his other years that he won't release?

How is it that the stated "greatest country on earth" has reached this level that this type of candidate can be running so strong against an incumbent president who has avoided letting us fall into a full depression, saved the auto industry, enacted real health care law, ended the war in Iraq, abolished don't act/don't tell, stopped enforcement of DOMA, reformed the student loan mess, Kagen and Sotomayor. Dream Act. Killed Qaddafi and Bin Laden.

hitoall, your sense of fair play and equitableness and respecting everyone's point of view is admirable.

But how far does it extend? One can see plenty of reasons, from his viewpoint, why Nixon did the things he did during Watergate. Would you similarly have begged for understanding, sympathy and letting him get by with it?

Guest hitoallusa

That is the same question I want an answer too.. What has happened?

How is it that the stated "greatest country on earth" has reached this level that this type of candidate can be running so strong against an incumbent president who has avoided letting us fall into a full depression, saved the auto industry, enacted real health care law, ended the war in Iraq, abolished don't act/don't tell, stopped enforcement of DOMA, reformed the student loan mess, Kagen and Sotomayor. Dream Act. Killed Qaddafi and Bin Laden.

• Members

Executives at APPLE do similar things to keep the cost of productions down... Please look at the back of your iPhone... It reads "assembled in china" how can you blame these businesses for trying to keep the cost down? Apple also keeps their tax down in a similar way that Romney uses..

First, hitoall, HOW DARE YOU state I own an Apple product!!! :P

Second, you're poking at exactly the problem. This batch of Republicans want to run the country in an Ayn Rand-based belief that if you give the rich and the corporations everything they want, and don't regulate them, then everything for everybody will be rainbows and puppies. How people are still duped into this point of view after what Wall Street (AKA people exactly like Romney) has done to the economy AGAIN is beyond my understanding.

Democrats believe that idealism belongs in government. It should aspire and even work to create a more perfect union, and there is a fair amount of evidence that even the most controversial aspects--income redistribution to narrow the gap between the rich and poor--does create a robust and diverse economy better for EVERYBODY.

Liberals, like myself, believe that corporations, especially ones the size of Apple, should also work towards bettering people's lives, at the very least the lives of ALL their workers, but our current Wall-Street centric system actively opposes this ideal.