ihpguy

Hell Week and Polling

• Members

I am becoming a polling junky. I continue to keep on looking at the NYTimes 538, HuffPost and WaPost as antidote to whatever fantasy numbers Rassymusn't is pulling out of Karl Rove's fat tush. Err, can I say a_s on here?

I can only imagine what is going on with the campaigns' polling operations, besides what all of the other polls are producing. Hey, can anyone on actually pronounce the QuininePenisAct one, or something, whatever is the spelling of that poll? In any event, I can only imagine that the back office operationsin Boston must be the theater of the absurd, in real time. Better than any show on TV. Except for Glee and Good Wife. Oh, and Real Time, of course. For some reason I keep on getting the bridge scene from the film Titanic stuck in my thoughts. I have this sinking feeling...

I suppose that Willard wishes that this past week's three owies could be as forgetten as the previously ignored requests to see his ten year's worth of mystery returns, info on the Caymen Islands/Swiss bank accounts and of course, polygamous, great grandpappy. Yep. His ancestor fled to Mex-EE-Co so he could live that sister wife dream.

Finally, did Mittens muddy his Magic Panties when he first saw the leaked excerpts from the 50K/plate Boca trip?

• Members

Sorry for spouting off. But that video from Boca really got to me. The cocky attitude. Beside what he was saying. Joking about "if only I was Latino." It brought back to life for me all of the worst excesses of the period portrayed in Tom Wolfe's Bonfire Of The Vanities.

No need to apologize. Mitt did all those things, not you. :smile:

Hell Week is right for him. And the polls are part of that Hell. electoral-vote.com, an aggregator of latest polling data nationwide, currently shows 323 electoral votes to Obama, 206 to Romney, 9 ties. That is one Hell of a gap to close in 7 weeks.

...Come to think, the mass of Mitt's self-inflicted wounds puts me in mind of Milton's Satan, saying Hell is not just a place, but rather...

"Myself am Hell!"

• Members

icon1.png

The
, an Iowa University Business School sponsered stock market that allows folks to buy & sell 'contracts' on Obama's or Romney's chances, currently (9/18) has Obama trading at $.728 and Romney at $.299. Basically you get paid $1.00/contract if the Dems (or Repubs) wins the popular vote and zip if they lose. Max investment is $500 and a total of $78,766 worth of contracts are currently outstanding.

In plain English, people betting their own real life money are willing to pay 73 cents for a dollar's worth of Obama but only 30 cents for a buck's worth of Romney. Historically the IEM's predictive power has beaten the average for the experts and has been better than most polls (until 2 or 3 weeks before the election). Like any other stock market, it operates on a form of crowd wisdom.