AdamSmith

Peggy Noonan: "Time for an Intervention"

Guest hitoallusa

I have a problem with the statement below in the article. I think this person should not have written like that. It's unfair and biased. Romney will not win, IMHO but we have to fight to get rid of this kind of negative, bias, and irrational thinking.. I hope she apologizes to hard work staff at both campaigns. Also recommend Peggy to visit foreign countries. Romney will fade into history but this kind of think of Peggy will hurt and have negative influence on our society over and over again... Time will come when this irrationality of this writer will be scorned upon and rejected, it may not be during my time but it will come.

"This is not how big leaders talk, it’s how shallow campaign operatives talk: They slice and dice the electorate like that, they see everything as determined by this interest or that. They’re usually young enough and dumb enough that nobody holds it against them, but they don’t know anything. They don’t know much about America."

I have a problem with the statement below in the article. I think this person should not have written like that. It's unfair and biased. Romney will not win, IMHO but we have to fight to get rid of this kind of negative, bias, and irrational thinking.. I hope she apologizes to hard work staff at both campaigns. Also recommend Peggy to visit foreign countries. Romney will fade into history but this kind of think of Peggy will hurt and have negative influence on our society over and over again...

hitoall, this genuinely surprises me, given your consistent idealism. I think your idealism, and your instinct to be scrupulously fair-minded, have brought you down on the wrong side of the argument, in this case.

If you had been around during WWII and had read the words of those condemning eugenics (even though there were pathetically few in the event), would you have defended Weismann and Mengele simply as people who "will not win," and then criticized their opponents as unfair and engaged in negative, biased and irrational thinking?

"This is not how big leaders talk, it’s how shallow campaign operatives talk: They slice and dice the electorate like that, they see everything as determined by this interest or that. They’re usually young enough and dumb enough that nobody holds it against them, but they don’t know anything. They don’t know much about America."

Noonan is a conservative and she got this part exactly right. Romney is not a leader at all. He proves it over and over again. When he was in London and started to "bad mouth" London's preparedness for the Olympics, I immediately could see him as a competitive CEO stating for the press that his version is better than their version. But that has no place in diplomacy. And he wasn't even smart enough to realize that. I see this all the time in corporate leadership. It's win at all costs regardless of who I step on. But that doesn't work in public service even if you are a "business expert". I continue to really wonder how anyone could support him given how weak he is on just about everything.

If the Republicans ever want to be considered mainstream again, they are going to have to shed the "hate-centric" philosophy of the right wing and focus on getting the government out of the lives of people and focus on fiscal issues only.

Guest hitoallusa

Well I think the media is pretty wrong and biased. It seems there is no hope at all. It doesn't give more weight to her opinion because she is a conservative. She said things she should not and I hope she apologize to hard working staff members on both campaigns. If we don't stop this kind of negative comments and see no problems with it then I don't think it will matter who gets elected as president. I hope she realize her error and apologize..

Guest hitoallusa

Maybe I did but what I am asking is look at she wrote about staff members. I am not talking about Romney here.. I think that is not right and fair...

hitoall, this genuinely surprises me, given your consistent idealism. I think your idealism, and your instinct to be scrupulously fair-minded, have brought you down on the wrong side of the argument, in this case.

If you had been around during WWII and had read the words of those condemning eugenics (even though there were pathetically few in the event), would you have defended Weismann and Mengele simply as people who "will not win," and then criticized their opponents as unfair and engaged in negative, biased and irrational thinking?