Guest lurkerspeaks

Which California theme park?

Guest lurkerspeaks

My birthday is in November. I usually try to schedule a vacation around my birthday, but this year, finances will prevent me from taking a "major" vacation like Rio or Montreal. I was considering a drive-cation to Southern California, if I can convince a certain boy to go along with me. I have been to Disneyland only one time in my life, and that was back in the mid 70's. I have been to Universal Studios once, back in the early 2000's. Never been to any of the other LA area theme parks.

I am talking probably a 4 day trip--which park would you guys recommend for someone who enjoys rides and sights.. Hopefully we will be able to hit the park during the day, then WEHO bars/club at night (or is it too far of a drive between them to make this work)

Any input would be appreciated. Please tell me WHY you choose the park you do.. Thanks

• Members

I think Disneyland is best for those of us who appriciate theme parks for the parks themselves rather than the rides.However it is a very expensive proposition(a two day park hopper pass is around $200) I do enjoy the rides and really like the new additions to the California Adventure

Six Flags is strictly about the rides.These are really thrilling thrill rides-and not for the faint of heart..I found the crowd on weekends to be ultra thuggy and not in a good way.

I would be very suprised to find that either would be considered convenient distance from WeHo.

Universal is a better deal pricewise and is closerto WeHo than either of the above mentioned parks and it is easily done in a single long day.

IMO the best parks of all are on the oposite coast in Orlando- which also has a great bar with strippers!

Guest lurkerspeaks

there is a stripper bar in Orlando? I would love to go to Florida (Ft Lauderdale), but I am trying to be conservative with money, and I can drive to California.

For Universal Studios, how busy is it usually during mid week? Is it worth it to pay the extra money for the "front of the line" pass? Also, in Weho, what nights do which clubs have dancers? Which nights are best? Thanks

I'm sorry but I'd have to do both parks ( I could never choose just 1)....especially with 4 days. Universal Studios and Disneyland (with all the new lands thats been added). If you like movies then you can also do a bunch of the studio tours..maybe going on the Sony tour and seeing the BATMAN stuff.