Guest EXPAT

Ready for the Apple announcement today

Guest FourAces

So far I am not overly impressed. I do like the additions, better cpu, finally adding LTE and of course the 4" display with the new retna screen. But it still looks like a iPhone 4 which looks like a iPhone 4s or the other way around :P

It just is not enough for me to wanna do a early upgrade. In fact, I might give Windows Phone 8 a try or even grab another Android device early next year.

Though for now I am sticking with my 4s.

I think the 5 is a good step for them. I was disappointed that they didn't also change their Mac Mini and IMac lines. Both are due for major updates and I wanted to see those updates before the holidays.

Apple has scheduled another event I think in a couple of weeks. I suspect that they will do that then. I keep hearing about a new iMac. So let's see. But my iMac is over 4 years old and still acts like new. My fear is the death of the hard drive before anything else.

iOS 6 looks interesting. I'm anxious to see how good (or bad) MAPS turns out to be. I'm also wondering if Google will release a "Google Maps" app that we can still download and use if we want to since it will no longer be standard in the system.

Here is a new MAPs visual. . .

post-105999-0-45625900-1347548665_thumb.

The other iOS feature that I find interesting is now you have custom options when you want to reject an incoming call. You can still simply reject a call; or you can reject and send in iMessage or SMS to the caller; or you can simply now just put your phone on "DO NOT DISTURB" (except for a Favorites list, if you want).

Here are the settings page for "DO NOT DISTURB". . .

post-105999-0-64190100-1347548919_thumb.

post-105999-0-46559300-1347548928_thumb.

Guest hitoallusa

It costs about 400 hundred dollars to change the hard drive... You can get it done less than that if you don't go to non-apple repair shop.

Apple has scheduled another event I think in a couple of weeks. I suspect that they will do that then. I keep hearing about a new iMac. So let's see. But my iMac is over 4 years old and still acts like new. My fear is the death of the hard drive before anything else.

Guest FourAces

I think IOS6 will be awesome. The few features EXPAT noted are just an example.

ALSO, OZ there is a second announcement coming up. I wanna say Oct 5th but not certain on the date. Rumor has it the products will be Apple TV (and a iMac refresh).

• Members

As much as I like Apple, I admire JKane's steadfast volleys at the company's vitals and feel honor-bound to put yet another arrow in his quiver. ArcherySmiley.gif

It turns out that, not only is there a new adapter required for the iPhone 5, but it is also losing its video-out capability and, at least for now, its ability to directly connect to a larger display. You'll need to buy the Apple TV to do that.

So, yes, Apple does indeed know how to squeeze the last drop from the teats of its loyal customers though, to its credit, it generally leaves them smiling.

240185_15996493-laptopipad2_l.jpg

• Members

After dithering for a few years, I finally got the iPhone 5 today. Just a short line at the Apple store and, other than the hassle of changing my AT&T account from a business account to a personal account, the whole process was pretty easy.

My first smart phone and, so far, it's considerably smarter than I am. By the time I figure out what all those apps are for, it will probably be time for an upgrade.

:unsure: