Guest zipperzone

Is Harry in danger?

Guest zipperzone

The Taliban has made it known that they are intent on killing or kidnapping Prince Harry who has just started a 4 month tour of duty (his second) in Afghanistan.

I think it is insanity to allow him to serve there. Not only could they outright kill him (which would probably be the lesser of 2 evils), but can you just imagine the torture he would be subjected to if he were to be captured?

Nothing could convince me that his presence there is crucial to the peacekeeping effort. How this was allowed to happen completely escapes me!

Well if nothing else, it was insanity to tell the world via a press release that he was sent there for 3 months. That to me was the dumbest thing I heard on the news this week (with the possible exception of Romney's GOP acceptance speech).

But you are right. He shouldn't be deployed anymore at least not publicly.

Guest FourAces

This came up his first time around ... and I maintain now as I did then he hardly will be put in harms way. No one wants to see the Prince with the cute butt captured, injured or killed not even the Queen mum.

My browser again ate a long post. So here instead: The bad guys don't know who is piloting one Apache over another. He trained hard, is measurably extremely competent. He is desperate NOT to be just one more useless royal hanger-on.

Where, in this matrix, can any of you find anything negative?

.:.If the 3rd-in-line is Himself intrinsically an anti-Royal...!

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Lookin... Please be gentle to my AS. :smile: Just one or two gentle strikes. I don't want his cheeks to get bruised and I'm far away from him to apply medicine on them... As for Harry, I hope my prince be safe.

Guest hitoallusa

All the faint hearted girls including myself are relieved that prince Harry is in safe hands... :smile: Thank you FourAces for the good news... I send my condolences to two US soldiers who died at the base. It will be better to send Harry home than put him and other people around him in harm's way. I don't know what the British government is thinking!

As I mentioned no one is gonna let Harry be harmed :D

=========

Prince Harry under guard during Taliban attack on base

Prince Harry was moved under guard to a secure location during a Taliban attack on Camp Bastion in Afghanistan, the defence secretary has said.

The entire story can be read here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19631596

• Members

I don't know what the British government is thinking!

The British government is thinking that it doesn't want Harry to resign his commission.

Last time around, when they repeatedly refused to ship him to Afganistan when the rest of his classmates were going, the Prince presented his brass (and the government & his Gran) with an ultimatum: Either let him do his duty as a serving officer or they could all participate in the ancient and honorable ceremony of kissing his bare royal ass goodbye. Apparently young Harry does not find parading around in a pretty uniform to be a particularly rewarding career.

Recall that his brother also flies real search and rescue chopper missions over the Irish Sea in all kinds of nasty weather, not the safest of jobs.

Also recall that the Windsors are running a family business that basically amounts to the longest running and most lucrative con job in the history of the British Isles. That the boys do useful work and have the respect of their mates goes a long way toward compensating for the fecklessness of their father. Right now they've got an heir and a spare. No doubt if one of the brothers goes and gets himself killed, the other will be grounded. Until and unless, there's room to tolerate some risk and reap some rewards in the form of public approval of the monarchy.

I wonder if they are doing this as a punishment for his Las Vegas trip? If so, I would suggest to really get over on him, they should send him to a former male pimp who loves to play with his ass day and night. Hell, I bet this guy would even book a suite for the entire tour.

Guest hitoallusa

They are doing this at the expense of precious US soldiers who might have family of their own... I need to talk to my former mother-in-law-to-be about this! :(

The British government is thinking that it doesn't want Harry to resign his commission.

Last time around, when they repeatedly refused to ship him to Afganistan when the rest of his classmates were going, the Prince presented his brass (and the government & his Gran) with an ultimatum: Either let him do his duty as a serving officer or they could all participate in the ancient and honorable ceremony of kissing his bare royal ass goodbye. Apparently young Harry does not find parading around in a pretty uniform to be a particularly rewarding career.

Recall that his brother also flies real search and rescue chopper missions over the Irish Sea in all kinds of nasty weather, not the safest of jobs.

Also recall that the Windsors are running a family business that basically amounts to the longest running and most lucrative con job in the history of the British Isles. That the boys do useful work and have the respect of their mates goes a long way toward compensating for the fecklessness of their father. Right now they've got an heir and a spare. No doubt if one of the brothers goes and gets himself killed, the other will be grounded. Until and unless, there's room to tolerate some risk and reap some rewards in the form of public approval of the monarchy.

As I said before, making a press announcement about his deployment is probably the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Of course his unit is going to be a target. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Stupidity.