Guest EXPAT

DADT study shows no negative effects on military

Guest hitoallusa

I really like the correction notice at the end of the article. I don't know why these journalists exaggerate research findings without reading them properly. It only surveyed 13 people not over 500 people as stated before the correction. The study has the problem of sample size to give enough weight to its findings.

I don't agree with DADT. Avoiding discussion and confession of one's sexual preferences doesn't help at all at any social settings. I think Bill Clinton negotiated too much on this issue. He should have acknowledged gays directly in the military. Anyways, the sample size of this study is too small and their method of "experiment" is not so clear. I cant figure out whether its valid either. It seems like a study done to get some federal research money and politics tainted the experiment design and its main conclusion. I am pretty sure that repealing DADT will probably have posive effects without any major negative impacts. It is a no brainer. But I'm against touting this kind of rubbish research as its evidence. Seriously, it is no more different than stating derogatory and unfair accusations against gays based on flawed studies. If we want to win this fight then set a good example.

They interviewed the guys today on the News and the study isn't as awful as that update suggests. The other piece of good news is that their recruiting has actually gone up and they didn't lose the 500,000 troops that was feared with DADT was repealed.

Guest hitoallusa

That's great. I think it's a very positive move.

They interviewed the guys today on the News and the study isn't as awful as that update suggests. The other piece of good news is that their recruiting has actually gone up and they didn't lose the 500,000 troops that was feared with DADT was repealed.