Guest FourAces

iPhone 5

Guest FourAces

Next Wednesday Apple will announce the iPhone 5. Rumors say the screen will be larger it will be LTE and maybe have NFC. Also gone will be Google maps in favor of their own maps.

What do you guys think? Will you purchase the new phone?

Apple is or was offering a buyback program a few weeks ago for the iPhone 4s, $350. if in good condition. I'm thinking of selling them back my 4s and buy the iPhone 5 at full retail as I have no upgrade.

Guest hitoallusa

Go for it! I think it will be an amazing phone. I can't change my phone until next year so I think I will wait. iPhone4 has everything I need so far and I don't use my phone often.

Next Wednesday Apple will announce the iPhone 5. Rumors say the screen will be larger it will be LTE and maybe have NFC. Also gone will be Google maps in favor of their own maps.

What do you guys think? Will you purchase the new phone?

Apple is or was offering a buyback program a few weeks ago for the iPhone 4s, $350. if in good condition. I'm thinking of selling them back my 4s and buy the iPhone 5 at full retail as I have no upgrade.

• Members

"Apple needs to play catch up with competitors, like the Samsung Galaxy S III, that come with 4G Long-Term Evolution (LTE) service. The future of mobile connectivity relies on the ultra-high-speed networking, and to not offer that in the iPhone 5 would be a mistake."

Have you considered an android?

If you travel internationally, the Samsung Galaxy SIII comes with a (micro) SIM card. You can switch out the SIM card for each country and avoid roaming fees. In addition, with the Android and SIM, you can use VOIP applications to call most places in the world for very little cost.

Apple is great but it is not the only system in town.

-

Guest hitoallusa

Apple BOUGHT a lot of LTE related patents so I guess we can expect the LTE on their I5. I hope many of Apple's competitors bring better products to the market too. I'm so excited about iPhone5 though. I might buy it after a year but tempted to buy Galaxy III too. We will see. I don't like everybody carrying around an iphone either.

No. I'm not going to buy this one. My 4s is good enough. Plus if I buy a new one I will have to replace all of my Bose docking stations and all of my cables and docking stations because the connector on the iPhone 5 is now different. So I don't need to do that now.

Guest FourAces

"Apple needs to play catch up with competitors, like the Samsung Galaxy S III, that come with 4G Long-Term Evolution (LTE) service. The future of mobile connectivity relies on the ultra-high-speed networking, and to not offer that in the iPhone 5 would be a mistake."

Have you considered an android?

If you travel internationally, the Samsung Galaxy SIII comes with a (micro) SIM card. You can switch out the SIM card for each country and avoid roaming fees. In addition, with the Android and SIM, you can use VOIP applications to call most places in the world for very little cost.

Apple is great but it is not the only system in town.

-

I am a bit of a mobile tech geek ... there are a few things I do not want to share with the group about myself here but I assure you I have tried most OS around some more than others.

Android is a very nice OS and I have used several different Android devices over the last 6 years or so. My problem with Android is there is no consistency. Also, there are so many versions of the OS floating around and updates are very slow.

Maybe because I have a very deep knowledge and extensive usage of several OS that Its why I enjoy the iPhone so much these days. I can count on it, It does what it claims to do with little issues and I don't have to think about it, simply use it ^_^

But I do agree the iPhone is not for everyone. Android has its place in the market and Google def has taken more of an aggressive stance, than Apple, in developing the Android platform.