Guest EXPAT

Are these "gay" shoes?

There is a debate going on (Facebook debate) that these are too "gay" to wear. What makes something "too gay" for anyone or especially straight people who like to label things as too gay??

post-105999-0-00479900-1346115966_thumb.

Guest hitoallusa

It could make a straight guy look like he is insecure in a sense. There is a certain image each person gives to others. People use clothes and accessories to complement good features and diminish negative feature to creative a positive image.

I like the pair and I want to put them on a sunny day in the fall and walk in the park. I think a pair of shorts will go well with them so the shoes can bring some color to my bare calves.

EXPAT, I love the fact that you love shoes...^_^ I think we are meant to be... ^_^

• Members

Clothing and shoes with "Logos" are tacky and "passe' ". They are only for people that really cant afford them and are trying to show they have some status. Most likely got them at the outlet store and are last years goods anyway. Bleh !

Guest FrancoisP

Clothing and shoes with "Logos" are tacky and "passe' ". They are only for people that really cant afford them and are trying to show they have some status. Most likely got them at the outlet store and are last years goods anyway. Bleh !

I kind of agree. I could never wear anything with the logo soo out there.

• Members

I don't like these particular pair of Gucci shoes nor the ones which followed. They're not my "cup of tea". I like good designer shoes but not ones with too much flair.

I would not necessarily classify those Gucci shoes as "being gay." They are just a little much with the colors and the letter "G" stamped and/or woven all over!

Guest hitoallusa

What! You guys think you will be safe after making fun of shoes? You never know when shoe fairies will take your favorite pair of shoes at night... ^_^

You never know when shoe fairies will take your favorite pair of shoes at night... ^_^

They already have. Believe me.

...Fate, thy name is Family Court Magistrate.

(The manuscript I am working on at present: Never Pay Your Hooker with a Check...And other meditations on divorce.)

LOL, ruby slippers? How can you get more gay than ruby slippers?

Somehow "I want to go to Castel Gandolpho" just doesn't have quite the ring.

Although now The Shoes of the Fisherman takes on a whole new inflection.

I realize I am damning myself to one or other of the nine bolgias with this. One can only hope the punishment is not to have Richard Dawkins at one's left ear lecturing for all eternity.