Guest EXPAT

Chris Matthews finally holds GOP accountable

• Members

It was an inspirational moment. Sorry I missed the original broadcast.

I thought the assembled multitude was going to stroke out with all the frank words of Matthews. A few tepid attempts by them to offer equivocations to soften the exchange but Chris would not be put off. I'm glad that someone in the news stood up for the truth. I'm also glad that Priebus attempted to defend the lies. (What else could he do?) Every news persons should be biased for the truth wherever it lies and smears with distortions and half-truths. When either side lies it should be called on it not just probed around the edges, if that.

The purpose of the news is to report the facts, what people say and where the truth lies the best they can. They should not simply be megaphones. Real journalism is fact based and that requires facts be checked and presented whether contrary to any specific view.

Thk u, TY. Imagine where Watergate would have gone had W & B followed today's brainless 24hr-spincycle "balanced" approach to news-gathering/spewing.

It is, to repeat oneself, as Gertrude Stein said back in the mainly radio days of 1945: "We get so much information all day long that we've lost our common sense."

And, now, our journalists with us.