Guest FourAces

Hulu A New Look

Guest FourAces

So what do you guys think of the redesigned Hulu main page? It seems a bit cleaner to me and I like they list recent shows you've watched so I don't go looking for them again.

I hadn't noticed since I don't use HULU much in the summer. It looks nice. It is still strange to me that CBS doesn't participate much in these "on demand" services. I can't even get CBS shows on my cable on demand.

Guest FourAces

I hadn't noticed since I don't use HULU much in the summer. It looks nice. It is still strange to me that CBS doesn't participate much in these "on demand" services. I can't even get CBS shows on my cable on demand.

One reason CBS avoids Hulu is because its owned by NBC. Thankfully that does not scare off other networks. I guess CBS prefers we head over to their site where they have full control.

Guest NCBored

Since when did Comcast buy Hulu?

According to Wikipedia: "Hulu is a joint venture of NBCUniversal (Comcast/General Electric),[10] Fox Entertainment Group (News Corp) and Disney-ABC Television Group (The Walt Disney Company),[11] with funding by Providence Equity Partners, the owner of Newport Television, which made a US$100 million equity investment and received a 10% stake "

NBCUniveral is the largest share-holder.

Learn something new every day. I knew it had been up for sale and nothing has come of that yet. CBS' website would be OK if they had an adequate buffer like Hulu does. Many times you have to wait for CBS and CW streaming since they don't have a buffer. Honestly if CBS was part of Hulu, I would probably drop cable all together.

Guest Hoover42

Since when did Comcast buy Hulu?

And I was very upset when it happened. In my mind, Comcast is evil incarnate. It was only shortly after I decided I loved Hulu when Comcast stepped in. Grrr.