Guest EXPAT

GOP Convention in Tampa

Hurricane Isaac is threatening the Republican National Convention. Rumor has it that the actual nomination will be moved up to Monday just in case. As for the National Weather Service, according to Rush Limbaugh, “The National Hurricane Center, a government agency, [is] very hopeful that the hurricane gets near Tampa. The National Hurricane Center is Obama. It’s the National Weather Service, part of the Commerce Department, it’s Obama." I prefer to think of it as God preparing to smite a city filled with bigots. Isn't that what they'd say if the positions were reversed?

Conservative Americans have every right to support corporate greed, militarism, gun possession, and the death penalty, and to oppose welfare, food stamps, health care for those in need, etc. -- it is just strange and contradictory when they claim these positions as somehow "Christian." They aren't.

God may have decided to take another shot at New Orleans rather than annoy the faithful gathered in Tampa.

I was in NO 2 days before Katrina! (On a bidness conf but entertaining evenings a gorgeous lil Latino who was days into becoming a Latina. Nights of heaven.)

G** saved us all in the event.

Guest hitoallusa

Deep down in you I know you have faith... God's words live in you... I don't believe a second that God hates gays... It's always people who make things up and come up with ridiculous doctrines... The middle age is just evidence for that...

We have compassion, love, conscience and all the good things inside us...

Yep, only fair way is for an atheist to judge a debate between two theists. :thumbsup:

Deep down in you I know you have faith... God's words live in you... I don't believe a second that God hates gays... It's always people who make things up and come up with ridiculous doctrines... The middle age is just evidence for that...

We have compassion, love, conscience and all the good things inside us...

i know u were responding to MsGuy.

Still: Speak for yourself.

Both Ann Romney's and Chris Christie's speeches were not really very good. I expected Ann's to bring a lot of inspiration. I hate to say it but Sarah Palin's speech 4 years ago was much better. And Chris Christie did exactly the wrong thing in his speech. But I have to say I'm not expected. He spent 2100 out of the 2500 word speech talking about himself. That is not unexpected with his HUGE ego. But he should have introduced himself and spent the rest of the time selling American on Romney. He hardly mentioned Romney at all. Are all of these guys not really supporters? Do they all think he will lose? It sure seems that way. Very unimpressive.

Guest hitoallusa

"extremely pleased" ? No wonder the country is in trouble. People casting their vote on the base of candidate's race seems good to the extremely pleased democrat ( I'm talking only one individual who were pleased not all the democrats), he must be a very narrow minded guy. I hope Obama win so he has another chance to bring the divided country together and not because he is black.

THE NBC/WALL STREET Journal Poll: "Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, the poll finds, has no support among African Americans. That's not a typo. The number was zero."

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/Ken-Walshs-Washington/2012/08/23/poll-r...