Lucky

Rosie O'Donnell Suffers Heart Attack

• Members

The comedienne, 50, took to her blog on Monday to reveal she suffered a heart attack last week and is now at home recovering.

O'Donnell said her health problems began on Aug. 14 after she helped "an enormous woman" who was struggling to get out of her car in a parking lot in Nyack, N.Y.

"a few hours later my body hurt/ i had an ache in my chest," she wrote in her usual verse form. "both my arms were sore/everything felt bruised."

O'Donnell said she went on about her day despite feeling persistent pain...

The next day, O'Donnell visited her cardiologist's office and underwent an EKG. She was then sent to the hospital, where she had a stent inserted and doctors found that her coronary artery was 99 percent blocked.

"i am lucky to be here," the mother of four wrote. NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/rosie-o-donnell-reveals-suffered-heart-attack-doctors-found-comedienne-coronary-artery-99-percent-blocked-article-1.1140496

Her post about women not knowing or understanding the symptoms of a heart attack is the single biggest reason women die from heart disease when they didn't need to do it. I hope that her experience and mistake of not calling 911 for 24 hours will teach others.

Also on another note, it was really sad on Facebook to see all of the negative (wish you were dead) messages on the NBC news release of this news. She got hosed by the right wing when she was on The View about her negative position on Bush/Cheney and their war mongering. The right wing labeled her as someone demeaning the military and that is not something she ever did at all. There is so much partisan hate in this country now it's very sad and very discouraging. Something has to change it and I see nothing on the horizon to change it. It only seems to be getting worse.

Guest hitoallusa

I hope she recover fast. Big hugs to her.. As for the partisan hate, there is always a great fight or war before a big change in a society, in my opinion... So I see it as an opportunity for a change.. It will get better since a lot of people know where the problem is. When problems accumulate without resolving them at all, it causes a lot of pain and confusion among people and they will finally revolt. It is just a matter of time. I don't believe in Karl Marx at all. I find his view on capitalism dead wrong. But I think we will probably need a new ideas to govern at a different age.

Her post about women not knowing or understanding the symptoms of a heart attack is the single biggest reason women die from heart disease when they didn't need to do it. I hope that her experience and mistake of not calling 911 for 24 hours will teach others.

Also on another note, it was really sad on Facebook to see all of the negative (wish you were dead) messages on the NBC news release of this news. She got hosed by the right wing when she was on The View about her negative position on Bush/Cheney and their war mongering. The right wing labeled her as someone demeaning the military and that is not something she ever did at all. There is so much partisan hate in this country now it's very sad and very discouraging. Something has to change it and I see nothing on the horizon to change it. It only seems to be getting worse.