TownsendPLocke

Placing a value on Miles and Points is pointless.

• Members

A regular poster on here got a gasp out of me when he wrote that he had considered using 30k frequent flyer miles instead of paying $300 cash. That is far below my threshold of value per mile,

Well today another friend(Who just happens to have the same screen name as the above mentioned regular poster-but is in fact a different person) posted this in his blog.It is a very good general tutorial on the use of points and miles,

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime/2012/08/16/valuing-miles-and-points-is-a-futile-effort

Speaking of Hotel Points-I am doing an insane mattress run this weekend in Phoenix :hyper: Braving 110 degree temps in order to gain 20k points in my main hotel loyalty program,

• Members

"A regular poster on here got a gasp out of me when he wrote that he had considered using 30k frequent flyer miles instead of paying $300 cash."

Gasp! Did he? It was actually 50,000 miles as the regular poster (thanks Metamucil!) wanted only the nonstop flights. He ended up getting them for 23, 500 miles. (Thank you Thank You Points!)