Suckrates

Paul Ryan, Is He Romneys "Secret Weapon" ????

• Members

He's young, he's Built, and he's Hot ! Mitt Romneys newly named running mate for VP is a charismatic charmer in "perfect" physical shape.

Is HE what Romney needed to win this Election ????

Is Americas female and Gay population "shallow" enough to help Romney

pull off a win ????

Weigh in with your Thought !

I think he is a douchebag. ^_^ And, I hope that everyone is able to see Romney's pick for what it was; his move to the extreme nut side of his party. I don't think it was a pick for looks or for anything other than to show how far Mitt is really willing to go to win this election. If the Devil offered him a deal, he would gladly sell his soul.

• Members

Like any formless fluid (read sans principles) he assumes the shape of his container. This time around he poured himself into a right wing box.

Don't blame Romney for this choice, he's only taking orders. Not the first and many many more are to come. I've already remarked elsewhere that he would be our most ever remotely piloted president. Norquist, Ann Coulter Limbaugh,... etc have given marching orders and he has fallen into step, hopefully on the march over the cliff.

Now time for a move...

As an avid twink lover, I can say that he doesn't fit my criteria for any of those categories!!! :smile:

Right on. He reminds instead of one of those little wooden stick figures sold in A.C. Moore and other "crafts" (creepiness worth an essay all its own at some later juncture) shops, for housewives pursuing self-improvement "life-drawing" courses, except they cannot quite afford the "life" part.

...If they only guessed what we spend on same! Or similar. :smile:

Guest DarnTop82

I think he is a douchebag. :smile: And, I hope that everyone is able to see Romney's pick for what it was; his move to the extreme nut side of his party. I don't think it was a pick for looks or for anything other than to show how far Mitt is really willing to go to win this election. If the Devil offered him a deal, he would gladly sell his soul.

That's odd, cause many of my friends who are "hardcore" conservatives don't like him because he is so gay friendly....

You should be happpy that romney picked him for VP. Not insulting him and crying about it.

What's a little embellishment?? Prostitute delivers a friends baby, VP nominee runs a 7 minute mile throughout a marathon...

Paul Ryan's campaign walked back comments the VP nominee made about running a marathon.

"I had a two hour and fifty-something" marathon, Ryan said last week an interview. "I hurt a disc in my back, so I don’t run marathons anymore."

But the Ryan campaign confirmed to Runner's World that he has only run one marathon, the 1990 Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota, which he finished in just over 4 hours.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/01/paul-ryan-marathon-time_n_1848715.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing6%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D200126

• Members

I believe two things make it clear that Romney is running scared. Bluntly, he thinks he is losing. It is McCain all over again with a game change strategy. Two tall poles support this tent: 1. Ryan selection and 2: overt repeated lies that are so easily refutable and have been by the main stream press for once.

Almost no one expected the Ryan choice even though the right wingers demanded it. They were pleased but Ryan was heavy baggage for the moderates. Portman or Pawlenty were the safe bets. Thee only way to counter the Ryan weight was with lies, damn lies and fabricated statistics. Ryan willingly began lying about his own budget, local plant closing and more. Even their own party members had to concede the 'distortions' and 'misinformation'.

Romney was plainly losing because he was losing the women's vote. Female focus groups were fed the welfare lies and it showed traction. He decided to weather the lie wrap in the hope that their would be enough confusion and positive traction to claw back some female support.

Some potentially interesting fallout is possible. Ideologues do not care about lies that support their position but most non-ideologues do, in particular midwest moderates. When Ryan starts lying repeatedly about his hometown plant closing one must wonder how well that sits with the hometown constituency his reelection campaign for his House seat. It would be ironic if this campaign caused him to lose it.

• Members

But he's pretty! That seems to be the only qualification these days for Republican candidate for VPOTUS, not what they think or even *if they think*! But I agree, this cynical ploy may work even worse for them than Palin.

The last election was decided by the young, this election needs to be decided by women! Todd Akin and the Official Platform of the Republican Party make that clear, as well as their Paul Walker-like disdain for often female dominated professions like teaching and nursing.

As gay men, we may not have a lot of influence with women in general, but any chance you get convince a woman (or young person) to register, even help them to do so, grab it! And for fuck's sake also convince them to vote against the Republicans in state leadership roles all over the country making it harder for everybody but rich people to vote!

Guest hitoallusa

The arrogance of rich people in this country is a big problem. But don't worry JKane it may not be during our life time but eventually time will come and a new society will replace the current one as more and more contradictions accumulate... Right now the current form of society is needed to maintain the stability of our lives. As new means and time become more and more available, however, we will gradually change into a new better form of society in the end. ^_^

Rep. Paul Ryan is either confused, or just a brazen liar. In a speech he claimed that “In 1980 under Jimmy Carter, 330,000 businesses filed for bankruptcy. Last year, under President Obama’s failed leadership, 1.4 million businesses filed for bankruptcy.” In truth, there were 1.4 million bankruptcies last year, but only 43,694 were businesses, the rest were personal bankruptcies, and the number is falling each year President Obama is in office. For a numbers guy, he sure gets a lot of numbers wrong.