Guest EXPAT

Romney picks Medicare killer Paul Ryan for VP

Guest CharliePS

Well, Ryan at least keeps Romney on message that the election is all about the economy. Unless, of course, something happens outside the US, and it isn't any longer, in which case we have two candidates with absolutely no foreign policy/defense experience or expertise.

Ryan's ideas about the economy will please the Tea Partiers, but I'm not sure how they will fly with the rest of the electorate once the Dems lay out all the consequences. What does Romney-Ryan fall back on then? Social issues?

For you trivia lovers, there hasn't been a doubled initial letter (R/R) candidate team in my lifetime.

I think Ryan is the easiest candidate to counter for the Obama camp from all of those being considered. I think that all Ryan does is help solidify Romney with the base which still wasn't sure Romney was the right candidate. There was some good analysis today regarding this choice that it was the right "August" choice because Romney still hasn't solidified his base yet.

• Members

LOL, I was wondering about that myself, EXPAT. :thumbsup:

----

The longer Romney holds out, the more I wonder what is in those returns that make it worth taking the shit for not disclosing them. It's got to to more than the 14% rate business because he's already taken the hit for that. Hmmm...It's a puzzlement.

I think he participated in the foreign bank account amnesty program when people could return money to the US "no questions asked" and I bet he did and it is disclosed in 2004 or 2005 or 2006. That would be a royal disaster. Just my opinion.

Guest DarnTop82

That's hilarious man!

Except, you are ignoring the facts-Obama has decimated Medicare with his ACA.

something tot he tune of just under 1 TRILLION cut. Nice man. Nice.

Guest hitoallusa

What! he put on the same pair of swim trunks as mine! I'm going shopping tomorrow... He looks cute but he won't get my vote for being cute..

Does his first released topless shirt turn you on?