Guest zipperzone

Are you going to watch the Olympic Closing Ceremonies?

Guest zipperzone

I might for the first few minutes but they have to catch my attention very quickly or else I will be switching the TV off. I couldn't face watching another train wreck like the opening ones were.

The Closing Ceremonies will be a celebration of British Music. Paul McCartney will be performing but also George Michael and a fully reunited Spice Girls and the very popular boy band One Direction and many others will be performing. Bob Costas and Ryan Seacrest will be hosting it for NBC.

I actually thought the opening ceremonies were very good, just way too long. They did a great job of showing British history. But in this 5 second attention span society, it bored people too quickly. Don't expect a slower closing ceremonies either. London will want to celebrate their music heritage and their successful Olympics.

I'm not sure Bowie was actually there. They had videos of his music as models walked the union jack. . .

And of course the over rated Spice Girls were there. Victoria could hardly be bothered to move. LOL

I agree, I'm not sure why they had Russell Brand. But I did enjoy Take That! and The Who at the end. Jessie J sang four songs which was a surprise. But one of them was as the lead for Queen. I enjoyed Muse and the Pet Shop Boys. But it was as usual long and drawn out for 3 hours and 30 minutes.

• Members

I picked it up at George Michael. Thought is was quite good as I enjoyed it very much (for the most part) until the Brazilians took over. I guess they were trying to tell their history but what I got out of it was little more than samba girls wired to wagon wheels made ought of florescent lamps and indian tribesman with lighted lamp shades on their heads.

That and the NBC nanny cam director trying to show us the show without showing the bodies in it. I'm so sick of being protected from too much physical 'frankness' at athletic events and ceremonial shows. The people went to all the trouble of competing and performing and costuming to be reduced to long distance shots and head shots. American puritanism pisses me off!

I actually don't think that was NBC cameras. I think every country used the same generic feed. The reason I say that is that I watched the live streaming on the web and it was a BBC feed with their commentators and they had the exact same camera angles as the NBC show that aired later that night. Although NBC edited the content to s ahorter broadcast by cutting some performances and transition time between acts.

• Members

Sorry my post was a bit vague. A recorded Bowie song and not an actual appearance. We had the live stream here in Rio via satellite. Portuguese commentary. It lasted three hours. I heard the Kate Bush song. Never noticed any Bush. But then I normally am not searching for any of the female variety. And the male nether regions are normally shaved clean. So...

I like the start of the Brasil segment with the famous Comlurb gari who got his start sweeping up the confetti between the desfiles at the Sambodromo. Cute how he "taught" the Brit to samba and then a weak-voiced Marisa Monte, lack of any Bossa Nova, umbanda part was weak as well. Thought the costumes with reference to Carnaval where kind of fun and had elements of the craziness that some of the carnavalescos bring to the fantasias/costumes at the Sambodromo. Alessandra Ambrosio? Eh. I'd have rather seen the Rainhas da Bateria of the 6 leading samba schools in full costume shaking their silicone-filled buns and moneymakers. Now, that would have been a show to end a show. Certain to put a smile on the face and a hard-on in the pants of the Prince Hot Ginge.

I am totally ignorant with all things electronic/technical. But I thought the light show both inside and outside the Olympic stadium was quite interesting. I thought the newspaper costumers and flooring was original. As where the walkway designing lending itself to the Union Jack.