Guest wowpow

Gaybutton now Gay Thailand Moderator

Guest wowpow

The board information tells me that we have

Adminstrators: Michael and Stef

Moderators: Gaybutton, Gaythailand, Rainwalker

Each forum announces thast it is Led (? probably means lead) by Gaybutton, Gaythailand, Rainwalker and Stef

All Profiles are empty except Stef who seems delightful from his writings and my communications.

Gaybutton is well known to most due to his Message board now defunct. He writes a lot and I see that a total of 1014 posts on the board 183 are by him to date. On my front page I have 30 topics and 12 are his.

I have no particular problem with this. I'm just wondering where this board will go and how it is to develop. It does seem to work quite well now at reasonable speed and no Thai Censorship which still plagues Sawatdee. I do hope it will flourish and provide a free and easy place to exchange views.

Regarding what is on profiles, that is a personal decision made by each individual.

The role of a moderator, at least on this forum, is to try to make sure there are no technical problems and to make sure nobody is posting in violation of posting rules or posting anything that could place the board in legal jeopardy or in jeopardy of once again becoming blocked by Thai authorities.

The administrators have access to all the board functions. Moderators do not. If I see what is my interpretation of a problem, then I contact the administrators, tell them what the problem is, and then it is solely their decision as to how to deal with it.

Yes, you do see a lot of posts by me. Since I no longer run a web site or message board, then I choose to do my posting here.

Hi TeePee. Thanks for the topic. Let me explain our rationale with modeators.

When Stef was able to get the site from being unblocked inside Thailand, the usual group came back on to try to post things that would get us shut down again. We spent 24/7 trying to moderate things. One night, one guy posted BS, I deleted. He posted again. I delted again. This went on for 4 hours until I just blocked him and his IP from the server. Knowing that we would not be able to do this on our own, we turned to 2 people we trusted, Rainwalker and GayButton. We have grown not only to like these 2 posters but we have great respect for them. We approached them and they said they would be happy to assit.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Guest catawampuscat

good choices.........

now, if only someone would moderate over at sawatdee gay thailand..elephantspike has gone missing for weeks or longer and they really need a couple of more moderators or it will turn into

a swamp only inhabitable by trolls and idiots and of course the nasties...

Guest rainwalker

In case anyone is interested in who I am....

I'm a middle-aged, upper middle-class, urban, childless, gay business executive with a cat, who hews to all of the liberal gold standards.

There is no doubt that I'm in an eternal state of glee for the big things, like decent health, the undeserved love of a good man, and a battalion of blessedly odd friends.

Every other issue that I care about is in danger, belching smoke and spiraling downward toward the worst nightmare that Lucifer can create. (Sweet Jesus, have we have lost our collective gag reflex?) At the same time, the issues that affect me most directly are making more progress than I would ever have dreamed possible.

The life I'm trying to lead is one where I can give enormous, unfettered thanks for this incredible and kaleidoscopic world where books and friends and family and laughter and learning and warmth and music can create a miraculous global crusade whose goal is great and shared joy.

Here's a bio from a company that I'm involved in. Some of it may be true...

Rainwalker's business intuition has been honed in industries as varied as radio, social service, and management consulting.

He began his business career as an on-air personality in commercial radio, and then moved behind the scenes as a consumer commentator and producer of documentaries for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Rainwalker was subsequently recruited into the Social Service field as Executive Director of agencies delivering non-traditional services to inner city youth. Later he changed fields to the consulting industry where he formed The Graham Group, Executive Recruiters, Inc. with 28 staff in two cities and the Ashbury Consulting Group Limited, a management advisory firm.

After the sale of the firms, Mr. Rainwalker moved into the public market arena where over the last 20+ years, he has taken on more senior responsibilities in financing startup companies. He has advised companies in fields as diverse as biotechnology, restaurant franchise operations, base and precious metals mining, oil and gas exploration and production, streaming video over IP, content integration (CI) technology, and merchant banking.

He was the founder of the 400 member Gastown Homeowners Association and a director of Musical Theatreworks, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating new Canadian musical theatre. Previously, he held board positions in a number of not-for-profit organizations focusing on human rights and community development.

Rainwalker is a Master Scuba Diver, is a member of the Taoist Tai Chi Society, and is rapidly becoming an otaku: an anime (Japanese animation) fan on an obsessive level.

He has participated in 4 Outward Bound month long wilderness courses, three of which were in the equatorial jungles of Asia, and is grateful to have been selected for the Outward Bound Malaysia Golden Jubilee Roll of Honour.

On a personal note....

I am celebrating the 20th anniversary of my partnership with my best friend and lover, Rick.

And I just bought a BMW R1200C motorcycle....

IPB Image