TotallyOz

Los Angeles CFA Kiss Ins

Guest Fluffypuff

This sounds like a lot of fun, and I'd participate if I could. From a PR standpoint, though, I wonder how effective it will be. I think encouraging gay families, especially with children, to come in on a given day would be better, since marriage equality is the issue at hand.

• Members

At the gym today, while on the treadmill, I had the choice of watching a CNN report on genital mutilation of women (it's a scandal!) or FOX News. I picked FOX. First they had a fairly well-balanced panel on the job report- fair in that it had one Obama supporter versus 2 against.

Then they did a Chick Fil-A story, lamenting that the mainstream media ignored the support shown. Only conservative regional media in the south reported it, they said. Then they brought on discredited former NYTimes reporter Judith Miller, without saying that she had been discredited. It was nauseating and I had to turn it off.

Guest EXPAT

Chick Fil-A music video...

What cracks me up about this video is that if you go and watch this on YouTube you'll see an overlay advert for "Chick-fil-A" coupons. LOLOLOLOL

Guest EXPAT

There was some vandalism done to a Chick-Fil-A store in Torrance, CA last night. This is going to far but it certainly made all of the news including CNN and Fox (I was watching all of them at the gym today)

post-105999-0-47530800-1344030835_thumb.

Guest zipperzone

There was some vandalism done to a Chick-Fil-A store in Torrance, CA last night. This is going to far but it certainly made all of the news including CNN and Fox (I was watching all of them at the gym today)

Frankly, I don't think this is going too far at all. I'd love to see everyone of their outlets so branded.

• Members

I think those vandals did a great job, but since I don't have any artistic talent or a partner for the kiss-in, I've been playing with the idea of printing up athiest flyers and putting one on every car in one of their parking lots...

• Members

Adam Smith, Harasser of Chick-Fil-A Employee, Apologizes: VIDEO

Yesterday, Andy reported on the firing of Adam Smith -- the avowedly, loudly heterosexual Tucson man whose video of himself berating a Chick-fil-A employee went viral this week. It seems Mr. Smith reported to work the day after posting his video and learned that his employer, the medical supply company Vante, had been pelted with hate mail and angry phone messages in the night. Smith was first instructed not to post any further videos, and then he was canned. Having been canned, he was able to post more videos, and did

Guest EXPAT

The Abbey in Weho announced it's new Chic-fil-Gay sandwich but has yet to bring back the chicken deluxe. Proceeds for the new sandwich will be donated to AFER.

post-105999-0-22941100-1344132095_thumb.

Guest EXPAT

When the Chick-Fil-A thing was at its peak, Wil Wheaton angrily tweeted "I can't stop laughing at the bigots who celebrated their solidarity with each other by gorging themselves on shitty fast food. Bravo, jerks." He caught a lot of flak for that, because many people involved in the protest didn't see themselves as anti-gay, but pro-free speech. Wheaton has written a blog post explaining his anger, his position, and how he thinks that people who felt that way were completely wrong, but not necessarily bigots. It's completely worth a read. And he's totally on our side. As he's always been.