Lucky

Currently Reading...

Guest CharliePS

Having recently returned from my first trip to Hawai'i, I decided to read a new history called "Lost Kingdom: Hawaii's Last Queen, the Sugar Kings, and America's First Imperial Adventure," by Julia Flynn Siler. Big mistake. It is so badly written--factual errors, typos, misspellings, grammar errors, vocabulary errors, cliches, awkward sentence constructions--and that was just in the first 20 pages! I was so irritated that I knew I couldn't stand to read several hundred pages, so I took it back to the library.

• Members

Currently, I am reading Telegraph Avenue, by Michael Chabon. It's very colorful, descriptive, and as of yet, not particularly interesting. But then, I have read only 100 pages.

Many of the Amazon reviews acknowledge that it is a hard read, especially the first 100 pages, so I am hoping it will get more enjoyable to read.

• Members

I just finished Brad Thor's Black List. Some might see Thor as a flag waver, think his novels have too much testosterone, or simply don't enjoy such good guy/bad guy stories. But his are well-written, and Black List informative on how the government is subverting our right to privacy.See the Politics Forum, where Lookin links to an article about a huge NSA data center being built in Utah that will allow the government to spy on us better than ever. That data center is the heart of Thor's novel when a secret shadow government of very powerful people take it over.

I like Brad Thor too. I read The First Patriot and liked it so much I ordered all his books on Amazon so I could read them in order since there is 1 character (Scot Harvath) throughout all his books.