TownsendPLocke

I will be having a VERY unhealthy lunch today!

Guest EXPAT

I love that. John Goodman did a great job in that role. There was a caller today on the Michelangelo Signorile show today that said in Memphis the lines are around the block to get into Chick-Fil-A today. Not surprising I guess. But sad none the less that people want to support hate and discrimination. What has happened to human beings?

Guest EXPAT

Proving that his hatred runs deeper than his business acumen, Jim Furmen, the owner of 86 Wendy’s restaurants across North Carolina, posted signs outside his franchises stating that he stands with his competitor Chick-fil-A on the subject of same-sex marriage.

Towleroad reports Wendy’s corporate offices says Furmen was acting alone: “An independent franchisee posted the sign, which he’s taken down. We proudly serve ALL customers!”

Another comfort-food eatery is taking a stand on marriage equality as well—but in favor of it:

Schnipper’s, a New York restaurant with locations in Times Square and Gramercy Park, is donating $1 from every purchase of its chicken-filet sandwich to Marriage Equality USA.

“A truly good Chicken Filet Sandwich would always be in favor of Marriage Equality,” reads a statement from brothers/co-owners Jonathan and Andrew Schnipper

on the restaurant’s Facebook page. “Ours is the best you’ll ever have since its made from fresh chicken breasts and hand dipped to order in our seasoned corn flour blend and buttermilk. It’s super crispy and it’s gluten free!”

post-105999-0-60297100-1343849345_thumb.

Guest Fluffypuff

Frankly, I'm very impressed that KFC took this stand given the demographics of their market. It's much easier for some restaurant with a few branches in NYC to take this stand; their customers mostly support gay marriage or, at worst, don't care one way or the other.