Suckrates

Freedom of Speech or Just "Tasteless" Humor ????

• Members

Shock comic Dane Cook has worked the Colorado Movie Theatre Massacre into his standup act …

Thursday night at the Laugh Factory in El Lay, the "funny" fella told the audience:

"So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie, and I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap.

. He went on to say:

“I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’”

The premise of the joke is that they would have asked to be shot, but instead 71 people DID NOT GET A CHOICE!!!

It has been one week since the shooting. Even if the joke was funny (which it's not) and the premise wasn't so weak (which it is) it is waaaaay too soon for him to be making jokes about!!

Do you think Dane has a right to excercise his freedom of speech at the expense of the victims and their families, or is this just vile, tasteless and insensitive ???

• Members

Of course he has the right.

He has the right to be insensitive too, not to mention stupid. He even has the right to fuck up his career.

On the flip side, I don't see this as national news. Maybe a local story at best. Typical fodder for gossip magazine shows. We just have bigger issues than showcasing thoughtless comic bad taste.