Guest lurkerspeaks

DId I miss the final contest results?

Guest lurkerspeaks

Did I sleep through the final results announcement for the last contest?

I remember that Expat won one of the prizes, but what about the other winners?

Inquiring minds want to know..

• Members

Yes, Townie, aka Townsend P. Locke, gets to decide when the contest draw will be held. He will announce it when he next posts here, which might be sometime in 2013.

I kid of course, but it has been some time since he suggested the luncheon:

TownsendPLocke

Prodigious Member

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

I just want to put a place marker here,

I would like to start making plans for a dinner in WeHo for mid-July. Date and place YTBD and will be coordinated with TotallyOz

It has been awhile since we have had such a dinner and I look forward to seeing some friends old and new..

I was tempted to register here when the contest was underway but realized it was too far along for me to ever have had a chance to win.

I would have thought that once the contest ended, all winners would have been identified and the prizes associated with the contest would have already been paid out to those based on their participation.

Oh well I'm sure there were some winners and thats what matters.

Guest EXPAT

Actually Townie said he would coordinate with Oz upon his return from Taiwan/India. I'm assuming that hasn't happened yet. But time is running out to get a lot of people because schedules are filling up I'm afraid.

Actually Townie said he would coordinate with Oz upon his return from Taiwan/India. I'm assuming that hasn't happened yet. But time is running out to get a lot of people because schedules are filling up I'm afraid.

For me, a contest is run and awarded to the participants by the website owners. To delay the deserved and advertised awards for people who participated in it based upon a new happenstance after the fact of unknown gathering, feels awkward, not to mention disappointing to me. Not that I was participating, but if I had, that's how I would feel.

Guest EXPAT

For me, a contest is run and awarded to the participants by the website owners. To delay the deserved and advertised awards for people who participated in it based upon a new happenstance after the fact of unknown gathering, feels awkward, not to mention disappointing to me. Not that I was participating, but if I had, that's how I would feel.

Actually the winners of the contests were rewarded already. The only piece left is a drawing which is the third part of the contest where you got one ticket for every 500 posts you made in the contest. That part of the winning was always to be at a group dinner after the contest ended. But the first two parts of the contest - (most posts) and the first three to hit 2149 posts (I think that was the number) have already been awarded and paid to those winners.

• Members

Judd, I have no doubt that the outcome of the contest will be held fair and square. My guess is that all of the contestants feel the same way. We are just quietly confident that one of us will end up with $500 bucks and spend it wisely!

Actually the winners of the contests were rewarded already. The only piece left is a drawing which is the third part of the contest where you got one ticket for every 500 posts you made in the contest. That part of the winning was always to be at a group dinner after the contest ended. But the first two parts of the contest - (most posts) and the first three to hit 2149 posts (I think that was the number) have already been awarded and paid to those winners.

Then I stand corrected. I never read where a group gathering at a later date would identify and reward one of the winners for participating. Thanks for bringing that up.

• Members

Judd-I m guessing you are kinda new here? Welcome. Perhaps some of the other posters would fill in some history for you but let me just say that the gathering is actually more of a social occassion for old friends to gather rather than driven by the drawing.

I am hoping to hear from Oz any day now regarding a date. I was at Micky's last night and saw a boy dancing that would have pleased TO enough that the prize money might have found a more deserving home.

• Members

Saturday, August 11th, is the only day I will be in LA. I don't expect to win, but I would love to see the tears of joy when the real winner is announced. Expat has 7 or 8 tickets in the drawing compared to about 2 for me.

Plus, I would so love to see townie again!