Guest EXPAT

Chik-Fil-A out and proud of their anti-gay donations

Guest EXPAT

Chik-Fil-A has come out proud of their support for "traditional families" and isn't at all ashamed that their view of "Biblical marriage" excludes gay families. I can't understand why so many gay folks still insist that their food is just too tasty to resist. To me, it tastes like hate, and forking over your money to be used against you borders on criminally insane.

• Members

Chik-Fil-A has come out proud of their support for "traditional families" and isn't at all ashamed that their view of "Biblical marriage" excludes gay families. I can't understand why so many gay folks still insist that their food is just too tasty to resist. To me, it tastes like hate, and forking over your money to be used against you borders on criminally insane.

I boycott groups/companies I have a BIG gripe with. In the 80's or early 90's a subsidiary of Toshiba knowing or carelessly sold classified machining technology licensed from the USA to the Russians. It permitted them to make super quiet submarine propellers we used on our subs. Until then we had clear superiority on underwater stealth. To this day, and until the day I die, I will not buy a Toshiba product.

So you know I'd boycott Chik-Fil-A no matter how it tasted, if I had any in my area. I get pissed when others sacrifice their principles for such an unprincipled reason. Makes me think their principles are principles-of-convenience, which are no principles at all.

I'd be happy if they were closed seven days a week. I refuse to funnel money to hate organizations or those that support them.

Just my genetic nature. :pirate:

• Members

I'm with you, TY, although I was sorely tempted to at least try Chik-Fil-A when I was back East last month. Turned out the only day I had free was a Sunday and they were otherwise occupied.

There aren't any around where I live and, thankfully, this thread popped up just in time to save me from myself when I travel again.

The one thing I'd really appreciate though is for someone to post that their chicken is highly overrated and that their slaw is limp and brown around the edges.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

1001850245.jpg

Guest EXPAT

Chik-Fil-A says it's getting out of the marriage equality argument, and will remain "neutral" in the social debate. The right always seems to think doing nothing (and I'll believe that when I see it) is neutral, but if the JC Penney catalog has 60 pages of straight couples, and no gay couples, that's not neutral, that's biased against gay couples. JC Penney's understands that.

Guest FourAces

I love their sandwiches ... and being a fat guy who over eats makes it difficult to stay away. But I have come to realize that I do not want to support a company that is not indifferent to gay people but is truly against them. Therefore I have been staying away.

• Members

Chik-Fil-A says it's getting out of the marriage equality argument, and will remain "neutral" in the social debate. The right always seems to think doing nothing (and I'll believe that when I see it) is neutral, but if the JC Penney catalog has 60 pages of straight couples, and no gay couples, that's not neutral, that's biased against gay couples. JC Penney's understands that.

I've heard just the opposite in the last day or so. The old right-wing bible-thumpin fart that heads it went on record saying he is proud of his conservative (read anti-gay) company stance. Maybe he and the PR department are not on the same wavelength? I think I'll take his statement as the 'operative' one. That is old Nixon/Watergate talk for you youngsters.

Guest EXPAT

And now Mike Huckabee wants a Chik-Fil-A appreciation day. I think that is in response to the "kiss-in" being planned for August 3rd I think where same sex couples are to go to a Chik-Fil-A store and kiss on the mouth. I kind of think both are silly frankly because they rarely do much other than bring attention to the action.

Guest EXPAT

Mike Huckabee invited NOM's Brian Brown on his radio program to talk about Chick-fil-A, and completely ignored that it wasn't just statements that the company made believing in the traditional family, but that they had donated millions to anti-gay groups. They also whined that it was economic bullying to boycott Chick-fil-A... but fine to boycott Pepsi, Starbucks, General Mills and Home Depot.

Guest Hoover42

[...] but fine to boycott Pepsi, Starbucks, General Mills and Home Depot.

and 7-Eleven, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Airlines, American Girl, Blockbuster Video, Burger King, Calvin Klein, Carl's Jr., Clorox, Comcast, Crest, Ford, Hallmark Cards, Kmart, Kraft Foods, S. C. Johnson & Son, Movie Gallery, Microsoft, MTV, Mary Kay, NutriSystem, Old Navy, IKEA, Sears, Pampers, Procter & Gamble, Target, Tide, and Walt Disney Company.

Guest EXPAT

A Chick-Fil-A franchise in New Hampshire (the only one) has signed on to sponsor the local Pride celebration. According to owner Anthony Picolia, “In both my personal and professional life, I have had and continue to have positive relationships with family, friends, customers and employees in the LGBT community. It would make me sad if someone felt that they were not openly welcomed into my life or restaurant based on their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.” How long until the home office calls?

Guest EXPAT

In the Chick-Fil-A overboard category, Gay Patriot blogger Bruce Campbell attempted to eat at Chick-Fil-A on August 1st in support of the chain, but being gay, the automated defense systems blocked his entry.