Guest lurkerspeaks

Today's postings in review

• Members

Nicely said, tomcal.

I did mention that I did not want to engage in a continuation of a fight from the other site, and thus did not respond to most of what was said.

I think that when we wish for more posters to join us here, the last thing they want to see is fighting. I have tried to make it clear that in agreeing with Lurker I am supporting constructive criticism, and also supporting the good intentions of the management. Even the best management wants to hear what the posters are thinking.

• Members

Help like that would ease me right onto the floor.

http://cocktails.abo...r/szrc_cktl.htm

----

P.S. Speaking of new stuff, I still haven't figured out how to embed a link in the text of a post (no line for that using the 'new' link button). I've seen others do it, so I know it must be possible. Any suggestions? (simple = better)

Help like that would ease me right onto the floor.

One cannot but recall Lookin's citation of Dorothy Parker in a thread past:

I like to have a martini,

Two at the very most.

Three, I'm under the table;

Four, I'm under my host.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Ok. I guess the time has come to "come clean".. This post has succeeded in doing just what it was intended for... It got some people talking. got some blood flowing.. got a little mud slinging...(note that I had nothing to do with the little Lucky/Suckrates feud)..It was nice to see some activity here that was more than just some pretty pictures. It wasn't hard to do..I just wish I could figure out what part of all of this was the catalyst to get things moving..

That was my exercise for the week.. back to my chaise lounge, to sip on my Long Island Iced Tea and pet my kitty..

post-113342-0-33698200-1342235503.jpg

• Members
P.S. Speaking of new stuff, I still haven't figured out how to embed a link in the text of a post (no line for that using the 'new' link button). I've seen others do it, so I know it must be possible. Any suggestions? (simple = better)

There's just one simple trick to add to the ones you already know: Before you hit the Link button and paste the link address, just select and highlight the word in your draft post that you want it to link to.

For example, to link your cocktail recipe to the word Sazerac, just highlight the word Sazerac before you hit the Link button. When the Link dialog box pops up, paste the link address into the URL box and hit OK just as you usually do.

This way, instead of the seeing the link address itself being displayed, you'll see that the word Sazerac will be underlined and it will be a hot link to the recipe. (It won't be clickable while you're in the Preview window, but it will be after you actually Post.)

You don't have to limit yourself to just one word for the clickable link. You can select and highlight a phrase or a sentence or probably the whole damned post. Whatever you have selected will become a clickable link.

Hope this is simple enough. If not, add another jigger of absinthe and try again. 656.png

• Members

I agree with Lurker and I think TY’s response,

TampaYankee: You should not provoke glutes to 'liven up the place' in that manner, it could prove detrimental to his status. instead, you should liven up the place…The slap was not for your posting but for dangling bait in front of a serial offender. He will be the one suspended due to his actions. He needs no goading. It was an ill-advised comment considering the personality involved

at least the way I took it, is we posters(the few of us that post regularly) should consider all the possible ways potential readers are going to take it and if it is "ill advised" and then decide if what we are posting is going to agitate/excite/enrage them and then rethink what we are posting!

I do not want to continue the back and forth on this so this will be my last comment.

Generally, I do not expect posters to be mind readers or assessors of other posters psyche or accurately assess the intent of ambigous or otherwise inspecific posts. However,I don't see how the original comment in question could be taken in a myriad of possible ways, given the personality and recent history, and the specific post content. It was hardly ambiguous. Secondly, the targeted poster's history leaves no doubt about, if provoked, the adverse nature of his response at the expense of a member.

Many or all of you may not agree with my concern, maybe because it is my concern and not yours. However, if one of you becomes the butt of the provocative action then you may feel differently, I suspect. if and when it comes time to mete out discipline for inappropriate behavior then it will not be just my concern alone. There will be others involved as well.

I don't cherish being a cop but do it to protect member privacy and board decorum so that we can all enjoy the atmosphere here.

I do not expect to have swayed anyone from their previous position about this. Neither have I been swayed. However, I still hold all contributors in this thread, as well as most others who post here, in the highest regard as a posting community. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Now, I'm going to have a Sazerac. :smile:

Guest gcursor

I try to log in when I can and post but Im in the grueling summer college term with a full class load. You learn all the information in half the amount of time. By the time, I finish one projct then a quiz is ready then another project is assigned then anther project is finished AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Guest lurkerspeaks

Now it looks like I owe a little apology/explanation.. in particular concerning my comment on "the little Lucky/Suckrates feud"...I do not know, nor do I care how all of this got started. It is just obvious that there is a little bad blood between the two of them (at least from one side). Going back thru this thread, it appears that Lucky was hit with accusations out of nowhere. To the best of my knowledge, those comments were unsolicited and unwarranted. Like Oz said, what happened "over there" need to stay over there. That is the main reason why most of us moved to MER was because of the mean spirits over there. If I wanted to be involved in all the gay drama, I would stay at daddys. But I, for one, want to exist in as drama-free zone as possible..

My philosophy, if it was my messageboard would be one time offense, you get warned, two time offense, you get a time out. and third time offense.. SEE YA....quick and swift..

So to all the people involved, I am sincerely sorry if my words came across the wrong way, i was not meaning to "throw anyone under the bus". I was merely referencing something I witnessed without placing blame..

• Members

Thank you lurkerspeaks. I am not the one who brought a fight with JJ over here from the other site, yet that detail seems to be overlooked. When someone is attacked, it is only natural to defend oneself.

• Members

My personal example was Only used to illustrate my point on Bad behavior. Examples make statements more "illustrative" and tangeable. If my comment agitated, annoyed, angered, bored anyone, my apolgies. These sites seem to be about taking "sides". At least thats what I think members feel they NEED to do in order to "belong" and stay protected. Personally, I am my own person. I dont need to be in a "camp". I can stand on my own. I dont speak for others, nor do I need anyone to back me up. This seems to anger and confuse people, and often makes you a target, since others see you as a rebel, a loner, an outcast, anti-social. We all choose how to live our lives. I dont live mine by belittling, ridiculing or disrespecting others. However, I will enter into a good fight if personally confronted with it. I spent my childhood being taunted and tormented for being different, for being a sissy, a faggot... I hated to go out of the house, often locked myself in my room and cried and deprived myself of years I can never get back. I wont live my adult years that way. Noone should.