Guest lurkerspeaks

Today's postings in review

Guest lurkerspeaks

Lucky isn't around much to make the following observations, so I thought I would step in..

Today we have had only 5 new postings started.

There have been a total of 26 posts made (including new posts and responses to existing posts). Of those 26 posts, exactly half (13) were very short, basic responses such as "I like pic number x or " I agree". While these posts are appreciated by the OP, they don't really add much to the conversation on their own.

I understand the this messageboard and all others are cyclical, and have ups and downs as far as postings, but this place is turning into a cemetery.. I ALMOST welcome a bitch fight from Glutes to get some blood flowing and some activity.

Maybe it is just time for me to pack my things and move on..It is always a hard decision to make when you are comfortable somewhere. But things are feeling stale and boring lately. Unfortunately, I can't travel much to make more vacation journals. and very few others seem to take the time or effort to do the same..

OK.. my bitch session for the day.. reply as you will.. OR not reply as the case seems to be today.

Guest zipperzone

I tend to agree with you. I have just returned yesterday from a one week hospital stay so I can't comment on the lack of recent contributions, but for some time now it has been snoozeville around here. Perhaps it is because it summer and a lot of guys are on vacation.

Guest lurkerspeaks

come on TY.. I post more than most people around here.. so how can you tell me to liven up the place??? I consider that comment a slap in the face for all the postings I have done in the past year.

• Members

come on TY.. I post more than most people around here.. so how can you tell me to liven up the place??? I consider that comment a slap in the face for all the postings I have done in the past year.

You are a prolific poster and one I like to read. The slap was not for your posting but for dangling bait in front of a serial offender. He will be the one suspended due to his actions. He needs no goading. It was an ill-advised comment considering the personality involved.

We do not tolerate stalking and personal agendas, even for the entertainment of members.

Guest EXPAT

I've been under the weather this week and haven't had much energy. Plus we had another death in the family so there is a lot strain going on as you might imagine. Two in a month is a lot to deal with.

• Members

We were told that a new plan was being formulated for the site, one which would recognize that the reviews just aren't coming in. There was also some discussion, or so I remember, of changing the forums. One change would have been to put Hollywood posts and similar items in a forum dedicated to that purpose. Perhaps these changes will put new life into the site.

I support lurkerspeaks, I like glutes, and I think that when a member posts some constructive criticism it should be received warmly by management, especially when it comes from a poster such as lurkerspeaks who has contributed so much to the site.

• Members

I've been under the weather this week and haven't had much energy. Plus we had another death in the family so there is a lot strain going on as you might imagine. Two in a month is a lot to deal with.

Condolences and sympathy to you and your family!

Guest jimboivyo
I like glutes, and I think that when a member posts some constructive criticism it should be received warmly by management

I don't like anyone who engages in cyberstalking my friends. there's a reason he's been banned from other sites for long amounts of time.

don't assume you know what happens to folks behind the scenes. what you see as good might not be.

• Members

This thread is bipolar! We are on the one hand giving constructive criticism to the management-which we wholly support and wish well- and on the other hand wanting to express our support for EXPAT in a difficult time. Oh well, threads rarely turn out the way they are planned.

Guest jimboivyo

One can like someone without necessarily endorsing his every move. No doubt you did not support the plagiarism of Benjamin Nicholas.

you're right. when benjamin was caught I was upset with him, but I also saw that he genuinely felt bad about it. he made amends as best he could with the writers he took from. to my knowlege, he hasn't made that same mistake again.

glutes on the other hand has never apologized for anything he's done wrong. what he's currently doing with peoples personal information offline is dispicable

• Members

We were told that a new plan was being formulated for the site, one which would recognize that the reviews just aren't coming in. There was also some discussion, or so I remember, of changing the forums. One change would have been to put Hollywood posts and similar items in a forum dedicated to that purpose. Perhaps these changes will put new life into the site.

You were. There was.

However, as Oz and I discussed it, the changes coming are much bigger and require significant software implementation. That does not happen overnight. Please be patient.

I support lurkerspeaks, I like glutes, and I think that when a member posts some constructive criticism it should be received warmly by management, especially when it comes from a poster such as lurkerspeaks who has contributed so much to the site.

I like lurkerspeaks. He is a first class contributor by his history. I don't recall much of glutes of HB days although I recall his presence. So far here, he has limited his profile pretty much to a single facet which I don't favor.

If you believe that provoking a problematic poster to make abusive posts is constructive criticism then that is nice to know. If you don't like people putting words in your mouth then you know how I feel.

• Members

People put so many things in my mouth! I felt that Lurker's constructive criticism could have been more warmly received. He obviously cares about the site and acted with the best intentions. Yet at the same time no one doubts that you care about the site and have the best intentions. I support you in wanting glutes to avoid becoming a single facet poster.And I am very patient too. Isn't that obvious? ^_^

• Members

Lucky, I would have to classify YOU as a wolf in sheeps clothing, a troublemaker, and Any comment you make I view as insincere, being made only to further YOUR OWN personal agenda, whatever that might be. You work your destructive magic with a friendly tone and a "smiley". Lets not forget that YOU ran to the "other" site only to "Out" me as a poster here, and made an issue about WHY I am posting here under a diff screename. Then you Started a thread which basically ridiculed ME, and encouraged the other members to join in, which only brought out all the "usual suspsects" there who like you Revel in stirring up trouble... Then you defend your actions by saying "its was intended as good fun"... Then when your thread wasnt Well received by many other members, you make the Grand gesture of asking for the Thread to be "taken down" and issue your "tongue in cheek" apology to the site members. Whats good fun is when YOU dont think these things are funny because they are directed at YOU. Thats when you have your hissy fits and back peddle with some more phony behavior to cover your actions..... So before you come here and wax poetic on the virtues of membership, posting and forum behavior, maybe take a moment to be introspective and realize Perhaps that YOU are a Big part of the participation problems.....

• Members

However, as Oz and I discussed it, the changes coming are much bigger and require significant software implementation. That does not happen overnight. Please be patient.

(sigh)

I hate change.

• Members

Lucky, I would have to classify YOU as a wolf in sheeps clothing, a troublemaker, and Any comment you make I view as insincere, being made only to further YOUR OWN personal agenda, whatever that might be. You work your destructive magic with a friendly tone and a "smiley". Lets not forget that YOU ran to the "other" site only to "Out" me as a poster here, and made an issue about WHY I am posting here under a diff screename.

JJ, we are not supposed to bring fights from the other site over here. So I am limited in my response. Since I post regularly at the other site, how can you say that I "ran" there "only" to out you? I have known for some time that you were one and the same poster. I made no issue as to WHY you were posting under different names as I couldn't care less. You cannot post the same topic on both sites and not have people see that Suckrates is JJ.

• Members

JJ, we are not supposed to bring fights from the other site over here. So I am limited in my response. Since I post regularly at the other site, how can you say that I "ran" there "only" to out you? I have known for some time that you were one and the same poster. I made no issue as to WHY you were posting under different names as I couldn't care less. You cannot post the same topic on both sites and not have people see that Suckrates is JJ.

I made no secret of WHO I was and why I chose to use another name. Regardless of your bullshit explanation Here, now, doesnt lessen the FACT, that you are a gossip monger and only brought it up "over there" to stir trouble and possibly embarrass and humiliate me, which by the way YOU DIDNT. So stop all your innocent "NOT ME" crap. More people see thru you than you know, and you are the carefree, likable person you THINK you are. Being a long time contributor only means a few things: 1) you are an ongoing "condition" kinda like air pollution 2) you have a big mouth and like to here yourself talk, 3) you basically have a captive audience, which you NEED to do your dirty work, and take every advantage of them. What it Doesn't mean is 1) that people necessarily Like you because they Tolerate you, 2) you are posting for "the good of the people" 3) that you have anything worthwhile, interesting or useful to say.....

PS, I am sorry I said you "ran" over to the other site.... You probably used your 2-wheeler, ringing the bell the entire trip ! :rolleyes:

Guest zipperzone

Enough of this "he said, you said" crap. If you have personal differences, please keep them private. Airing them here does nothing to help this forum.

• Members

Lucky isn't around much to make the following observations, so I thought I would step in..

Today we have had only 5 new postings started.

There have been a total of 26 posts made (including new posts and responses to existing posts). Of those 26 posts, exactly half (13) were very short, basic responses such as "I like pic number x or " I agree". While these posts are appreciated by the OP, they don't really add much to the conversation on their own.

I understand the this messageboard and all others are cyclical, and have ups and downs as far as postings, but this place is turning into a cemetery.. I ALMOST welcome a bitch fight from Glutes to get some blood flowing and some activity.

Maybe it is just time for me to pack my things and move on..It is always a hard decision to make when you are comfortable somewhere. But things are feeling stale and boring lately. Unfortunately, I can't travel much to make more vacation journals. and very few others seem to take the time or effort to do the same..

OK.. my bitch session for the day.. reply as you will.. OR not reply as the case seems to be today.

STAY! Summertime is usually slow, for folks are out of their houses and away from their computers. Even if they have lap tops, their attention is diverted elsewhere.

The same lag exists at the other blogs and sites and forums that I tend to frequent.

Just continue to come here and support and post and enjoy, por favor! Think happy thoughts! :rolleyes:

So many things going on in this thread that I don't know where to jump in.

First, sorry I have been away for part of this thread. I have been traveling and it was a long week for me.

Lurker, your comments are very appreciated and I want to thank you for all you do for the site. I will try to follow your example and post more myself. I have been away for 7 weeks on a working holiday but now getting settled back in and will be around here more often.

MSGuy, change is hard on all but this one will be good!

All: please don't bring fights from the "other" site over to this one. I don't give a rat's ass what goes on over there and I hate it when anyone references something there like we all should know what is happening. I don't know what goes on over there and I don't care what goes on over there. I do care about what goes on here. All are welcome here as long as they don't come with vendettas from far away places.

Guest tomcal

As most readers on here know, I stick to posting what I know best, sex with hot guys in Rio/Porto Alegre/Prague/Miami,etc! and half my posting are photos(I am a visual person!!)

I stopped posting in 2005 on the “other” site because of the bitchy posts and cat fighting and because a poster took offense to something that I wrote that was true but he took personally and maybe rightfully so! But I digress….

I agree with Lurker and I think TY’s response,

TampaYankee: You should not provoke glutes to 'liven up the place' in that manner, it could prove detrimental to his status. instead, you should liven up the place…The slap was not for your posting but for dangling bait in front of a serial offender. He will be the one suspended due to his actions. He needs no goading. It was an ill-advised comment considering the personality involved

at least the way I took it, is we posters(the few of us that post regularly) should consider all the possible ways potential readers are going to take it and if it is "ill advised" and then decide if what we are posting is going to agitate/excite/enrage them and then rethink what we are posting! That is not my job as a poster to anticipate how Glutes or whoever is going to respond to my posts or photos!!! and ridiculous for the moderators to expect us to do so!

The moderator’s job is a thankless one and I appreciate the time and work TY puts into it, but I totally disagree with his comments highlighted above!

caveat: I have met Glutes twice, once in S.F in about early 2002 and again in Rio later that year, and I thought he was a interesting and smart guy!