TotallyOz

Logitech Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote: Best Price I have seen

If you are like me and have trouble with keeping up with your ever changing remotes, try the Logitech Harmony One. It is an amazing product which I think I paid over 200 USD for. However, a friend just bought one for 109 at Radio Shack using coupon code SAVE20.

This is a great little device and easy to use and set up!

https://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11768289&prodFindSrc=cart

• Members

It's one thing to spend ten dollars to keep me from having to hike my ass out of the chair to change a channel, especially with surfing and all. Or to use the remote that came with the dvd, for dvd use, etc. It's another to spend $100 to $200 so my finger only has to punch one button to run the universe -- even if forever. Count me a :no: on this one.

If I didn't punch the remotes then I'd get NO physical activity at all. Besides, it keeps me mentally active, trying to figure out which remote goes with what device. lol

Guest EXPAT

Just how many devices do you need to remotely control? My Cable remote does just fine for the three devices I need to manage and I didn't have to pay anything for it since it came from my cable company. I think that is over priced for a universal remote (IMO).

• Members

I've had the Harmony 890* for a couple of years, and will soon upgrade to the Harmony One with the IR extender, as I need to control devices in another room.

I think these remotes are really worth it for three kinds of folks:

1. Those who have to turn on two or more pieces of equipment to do one thing, like watch a DVD on your TV and listen to the sound on your stereo. Actually, I've got two stereos in the living room for movie surround and the 890 turns on all four components and sets them to the right input. I was like a one-armed paper hanger when I was using four remotes.

2. Those who have to control equipment in another room. When I'm watching TV in bed, I have two speakers hooked up to an amplifier in the living room and the cable box is in there too. The Harmony One needs an extra $50 gizmo to do this.

3. Those who have strangers use their equipment. (You should pardon the expression. :rolleyes: ) Or who never become completely familiar with their own equipment. (Pardon, encore. :rolleyes: ) If you push the button for watching a DVD and things don't come on as they should, there's a "Help" button that tries different things until you tell it you're happy. It's what they call a babysitter-friendly remote.

Just watching my niece smile every time she was able to finally watch a DVD without my nephew's help was worth the price at a dollar a smile.

On the other hand, I have a friend who is very content without one and enjoys sitting in his TV chair looking like the Captain of the Enterprise.

470b76f33922013ed0806e83794023a1.jpg

* Just noticed my two-year-old remote is selling for two-and-a-half times what I paid for it. Maybe I should hang on to it!