TotallyOz

Anderson Cooper Comes Out

• Members

I never damned Mr. Cooper for his having "come out" previously, for I, myself, have not "come out" completely to everyone with whom I am associated. I have NOT found it pertinent as to who I am with self as well as others.

Since Mr. Cooper found it necessary to "come out"publicly at this time--I applaud and support him!

Now I must read the letter which Mr. Cooper wrote to Andrew Sullivan!

Guest FourAces

I am happy he came out on his terms not others. As he noted in his letter early in his career it might have been a safety issue if he came out ... I hope all those who are on the rush to out public figures keep that in mind. People do not have a obligation to come out and by outting them it can cause much harm.

• Members

Barney Frank married a few days ago. Is this catching? I send congratulations and support to all of my gay brothers and sisters who plan to take the marriage route and will hope that marriage between same sex partners will become a reality throughout the entire country sooner than later!

Below you can see Anderson Cooper tell Kristin Chenoweth (who thankfully seems to have fully recovered from that bizarre neck accident on the set of "The Good Wife") about why he decided to come out. Take a listen:

Guest hitoallusa

I congratulate him for coming out! I personally think the reason he didn't come out was because of something personal rather than what he says it to be in the clip. One thing I don't like about the US culture is that people are not so honest. They lie to make people feel better (not to actually make them people better but to get something out of it) and also cover up many unpleasant issues with fake talks and smile. I am not sure about you guys but people at work and businesses in my experience have been dishonest and fake about many issues. I think AC represents that very aspect of the culture and I bet he had a lot of hard time in the media. People cover up and decorate many things. I'm not saying that is wrong. It is a very sad culture to me and I personally think that is why so many drugs and alcoholism are so prevalent.

Funny. When I "came out" to my longtime business associates, they just laughed -- very affectionately. Collectively (I mean each one as he or she individually did) said to me, in effect, You know I love you, don't you? (And, in many cases, 'Sister, did you not think I knew? Where were you?!')

It was like nothing else in my life.