TampaYankee

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

• Members

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal

A Fortune investigation reveals that the ATF never intentionally allowed guns to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels. How the world came to believe just the opposite is a tale of rivalry, murder, and political bloodlust.

By Katherine Eban, Fortune Magazine June 27, 2012: 5:00 AM ET

This is a long article best read at:

http://features.blog...-furious-truth/

• Members

This is an essential read if you, like I, have been unclear exactly was this episode is about, or unable to separate fact from fiction from politics. It is well worth the read if you want to know what the program was suppose to do, who was involved in setting it up, how it rocketed to news headlines, how ineffectual different branches of government were in prosecuting the effort, who was scapegoated, and how it became political.

As mentioned above it is a long article in order to delve into all the aspects and issues but well worth the read to the interested.

• Members

Holy shit, reading this really made my blood boil. What actually happened is the exact opposite of how it's been portrayed, and the ever expanding examples of Republicans willing to say *anything* for political points, even lies, even when they harm the country... it's really disgusting.

That said, there's a little mention at the bottom about some of the people arranging buys in the cartels being FBI informants, which has nothing to do with the ATF or their "Fast and Furious" case but may keep Holder on the hook...

• Members

Holy shit, reading this really made my blood boil. What actually happened is the exact opposite of how it's been portrayed, and the ever expanding examples of Republicans willing to say *anything* for political points, even lies, even when they harm the country... it's really disgusting.

Yup. That sums up the last three years of GOP/Right Wing rhetoric inside Congress and outside. Nothing is beyond the pale. I'm surprised they have accused Obama of sleeping with his daughters. You know, a long-practiced Kenyan-Moslem custom.