Guest gcursor

College Update

Guest gcursor

To update you on how I'm doing in college, I thought I would say this, "OW!!!! IT BURNS! It BURNS!!! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!"

gcursor

Guest gcursor

by the way, i just finished my first digital video assignment which consisted of making several picture composition shots and submitting those for grading.

one thing we studied was the "rule of thirds". This rule states that if you divide a picture into 3 equal areas horizontally and vertically (making 9 boxes) AND if you centered the subject on one of the intersections surrounding the inner-most square then people's eyes automatically are drawn to that image (proved psychologically). As a matter of fact, people will look at a picture of ...oh..a stop sign, for example and if it's on one of the "intersections" then people will long for the object (i.e. stop sign) and start to admire it above all others. They will start to think of the stop sign as sexy, smart, and sophisticated. they will be entranced by the power and the prestige the STOP sign appears to hold and will start to do whatever they can to be WITH that stop sign!

Anyway that's a little of what I'm learning so far...

Guest Hoover42

by the way, i just finished my first digital video assignment which consisted of making several picture composition shots and submitting those for grading.

one thing we studied was the "rule of thirds". This rule states that if you divide a picture into 3 equal areas horizontally and vertically (making 9 boxes) AND if you centered the subject on one of the intersections surrounding the inner-most square then people's eyes automatically are drawn to that image (proved psychologically). As a matter of fact, people will look at a picture of ...oh..a stop sign, for example and if it's on one of the "intersections" then people will long for the object (i.e. stop sign) and start to admire it above all others. They will start to think of the stop sign as sexy, smart, and sophisticated. they will be entranced by the power and the prestige the STOP sign appears to hold and will start to do whatever they can to be WITH that stop sign!

Anyway that's a little of what I'm learning so far...

Rule of thirds is OK for a beginner, but you should immediately move ahead of the class and start using the Golden Ratio! Listen to Uncle Hoover! ^_^