Guest EXPAT

Would you buy these sneakers?

Guest EXPAT

These Jeremy Scott for Adidas sneakers are causing a firestorm, with many calling the shackles racist and harkening back to slavery. Adidas says people are crazy. The limited exposure to Jeremy Scott says that there is no evidence he's racist, but based on his clothes, he's more than a little out there. What do you think?

Update: Adidas has scratched the sneakers. I don't understand what else the shackles could mean though.

post-105999-0-69361700-1340121454.jpg

• Members

The CEO of Adidas should have his head checked and his ass kicked. Yeah, they are just shoes and if that was all it was about that would be fine. However, for Adidas it is about customers and there are many who might be offended by these -- the type of customers Adidas goes after. File this under Stupid Moves along with round saltines, Classic Coke, BK bugers without the flame-lick taste, the Edsel, ...

• Members

I think they are offensive in the first degree.

Well in this case Ex, take a Happy pill and lighten up. They are just fuckin shoes and not a comment on society. they are nothing worse than dressing in a bondage outfit, which most of you out there find incredibly Hot and sexy !

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my terrible terrible shoes... It might work on Halloween though... We can't suppress people's freedom to express themselves... ^_^

I'll defer to Hitoallusa's judgement on this. :unsure:

• Members

I saw this on television a few days ago. A few of my family members were appalled; I just stated if one wanted to buy and wear that it was her/his prerogative. I view this merely as a fashion statement, not as one extolling "SLAVERY and shackles which existed in this country for too long!

But today "one's mine can be enslaved and in shackles; it doesn't have to be the object itself to do it to one!"