Guest EXPAT

Irony moment of the day for bigots

• Members

1- 'Abomination', as usually used in the Torah, translates better as 'prohibited as being ritually unclean', as in trimming your beard, eating lobster or sleeping with a menstruating woman.

2- The tatoo prohibition probably relates to pagan customs whereby the various gods were honored with tatoos. Flesh cutting (prohibited in the same sentence) was a widespread pagan burial custom at the time.

http://bible.cc/leviticus/19-28.htm

• Members

Happened across this quote later:

4star.gifThumbsUp.gifThumbsDwn.gif“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”

attributed to Lynn Lavner.

Guest EXPAT

Happened across this quote later:

4star.gifThumbsUp.gifThumbsDwn.gif“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”

attributed to Lynn Lavner.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this. . .stealing it for several reasons. . .

• Members

LOL, use it with my blessing, EXPAT. :thumbsup:

I happened across it about 15 min. after I posted my first reply. Pure serendipity, it's one of the most delightful aspects of cruising the web.

PS. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the admonishment count by Ms. Lavner, so use it at your own risk. :P